Just weighed my 450c saladworks salad. WoW!

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Going to assume that the dressing isn't included on the website numbers. It typically isn't. So it would be 50 calories from the 450 without dressing, which isn't that bad, honestly.

(the salad on the website shows 270 calories or something so I'm not sure where the 450 come from anyway).
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    That sounds more accurate is just funny how different the reported calories are from the actual calories. 450 to 950 is a big difference. They list the dressing at 1 container 150cal. Clearly 1 container is not 1oz. My entire office was counting on the Web site being accurate I knew it sounded and tasted to good to be true.

When I went to the website and put in just the dressing (not using the create your own option), it gave the serving size of the dressing as one ounce. I think the Create your Own salad option is misleading because it doesn't show you what the serving size for each ingredient is supposed to be. They over-served you a bit on all the ingredients, but it's the dressing that blew up the total. I have to admit, even if I was served 3 oz of salad dressing, I can't imagine actually using that much! But regardless, if you measure out the dressing going forward, I don't think the difference in the calorie count of the other ingredients is out of line. Whenever you have food service workers scooping up portions of food, there are going to be variations.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    When I get dressing on the side, there's always more than a serving of dressing in the container. It's not necessarily the case that you'd get that same quantity of dressing if your salad came pre-dressed.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Labels should reflect actual usage.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Just dip your fork in the dressing then in the salad. You end up using much less but you still get the taste in every bite.
  • popcorn7225
    popcorn7225 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Labels should reflect actual usage.

Yup. My thoughts too especially for a place like SW
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    This is why I NEVER ever do salads outside. They are marketing scams - they give you the illusion that you're eating healthy foods and unless you honestly crave or love salads you would be sort of 'sacrificing' and trying to make good eating choices. But you've just chewed down 1200 cal of overdressed leaf greens when you'd much rather just chomp down on a big fat juicy burger, an awesome stir fry or some carb dish and feel good about it than a crappy salad.
    I only eat the ones I make because I know they are all low cal.
  • popcorn7225
    popcorn7225 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Right! I actually love salad works but if I'm going to eat 1100 c in going to have pizza. Lol. I just think it's crappie of them to not be honest in what they serve. I knew it was too good to be true