How much did drinking water impact your weight loss?

Options
I was wondering how many pounds y'all have lost with just pushing more water into your diet.
I workout often and I eat healthier but I struggle with drinking water, to be fair I don't ever feel the urge to drink anything. I sip mostly. So yeah, how has drinking more water affected your weight loss and how soon did you notice your bodys reaction to hydrating more?

Replies

• ArtsyActive1401
    ArtsyActive1401 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Water has helped me greatly. I try to drink half my weight in ounces daily. Some days are easier than others, also drinking in the warmer months is easier to do too. Good luck.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    My guess is none at all. I don't think my water drinking habits changed before or after losing weight.

I drink less scotch and coke. That's the only change I can think of.
  • ArtsyActive1401
    ArtsyActive1401 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ^^^example... Current weight divided by 2 = number of fluid ounces to drink daily. :#
  • sanarabrock
    sanarabrock Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Drinking water had a huge impact on my weight loss. I was really bad about drinking before, but started monitoring my water as part of my regime and noted a lot of weight came of quick in the early days just because of drinking more. Our body holds onto more water when it's unsure whether or not it's going to get a good supply of it. If you are continuously intaking the water your body needs, it will quit storing it and you will lose that weight. It's a good thing to do this time of year anyway!
  • RB5790
    RB5790 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I started to only drink water, and a lot of it. Some days are harder than others. I know that some people retain water weight from drinking too much, but it's also a lot easier to burn than regular fat!

As for myself I just feel a lot healthier not drinking tons of soda or other beverages!
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    ^^^example... Current weight divided by 2 = number of fluid ounces to drink daily. :#

God... I'd never get out of the bathroom for sure if I did that!
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Water has helped me greatly. I try to drink half my weight in ounces daily. Some days are easier than others, also drinking in the warmer months is easier to do too. Good luck.

Half your weight in ounces? That's allot of water! Lol
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Drinking water had no effect on either my loss or my ability to maintain.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    no effect. I drink my 8 glasses because the body uses and needs it, but drinking extra just sends you to the bathroom more as your kidneys throw out all the excess.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    You don't lose weight simply by drinking water. A calorie deficit helps you lose weight. Being hydrated supports your metabolism, and may help you feel full better, but not much more than that.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options

80 oz = 10 glasses for me. I suppose that's doable
  • Merkavar
    Options

107 ounce is over 3L

I think I get close to that. If I include water, coke, milk etc

But I seem to go by thirst and pee colour.

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    There isn't any evidence of medical benefit to drinking more water. Replacing calorie drinks with water, yes.
  • Merkavar
    Options

In case you weren't joking. 300 pounds/2=150 ounces of water
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Drinking more water (usually between 100-120 oz) helps me get through times where I am hovering around a weight due to retaining water.
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

That would be a lot of water! Enough to make urine run clear, which probably isn't good either. Urine should be straw yellow to yellow, otherwise we may be washing out too many electrolytes and muscles don't like that too much.
  • Merkavar
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

That would be a lot of water! Enough to make urine run clear, which probably isn't good either. Urine should be straw yellow to yellow, otherwise we may be washing out too many electrolytes and muscles don't like that too much.

Yeah that's why I don't follow any rules like having to drink x amount of water a day.

All the rules seem to high, I would rather just drink if I'm thirst or dehydrated.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I once heard that drinking water- a certain amount ( > or = 8 cups) - helps with fat reduction in and of itself. Has anyone ever heard that?
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    AmelieMustLoseWeight Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I once heard that drinking water- a certain amount ( > or = 8 cups) - helps with fat reduction in and of itself. Has anyone ever heard that?
    This is what im pretty much asking. lol
  • Merkavar
    Options

There just seems to be too many variables to have a number to aim for like that. Everyone is different sizes for one. Different activity levels, temperature etc