diary

Options
Just wondering why you chose not to share your diary with your friends?

Replies

• cmwrnc
    cmwrnc Posts: 2
    Options
    I am new to this I dont know how to LOL
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    well, for me-I do share, but sometimes I eat really wierd things or in strange amounts, and I think..oh boy, how embarassing, I wonder whos looking! Of course this keeps me honest, knowing that my friends can peek..lol!
  • Kristylarson
    Options
    I often ponder the same question! I like to look at others to get ideas :) I hope people will look at mine for the same reason, plus it holds me accountable to what I eat knowing that people would be like "damn did you see all that food she ate? No wonder she isn't losing much!!" ha ha ha
  • Kristylarson
    Options
    I am new to this I dont know how to LOL

You can change it under settings :)
  • lifeinpink09
    lifeinpink09 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I share because it encourages me not to cheat. lol
  • lawdhelpme2
    lawdhelpme2 Posts: 149
    Options
    I know this is mean but I don't comment on their status when It comes up and I can't see the diary. lol
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    I often ponder the same question! I like to look at others to get ideas :) I hope people will look at mine for the same reason, plus it holds me accountable to what I eat knowing that people would be like "damn did you see all that food she ate? No wonder she isn't losing much!!" ha ha ha

yes exactlyyy! whenever i dont share my diary i find im more honest about what i eat and i dont feel bad about it...i make sure im under calorie and sodium and leave it at thatt! lol but sometimes when i want opinions i open it up. but these days im kinda eating whatever i cna afford..and believe me...it aint pretty! so i just closed off my diary so that i can get through the week without someone saying...maybeeee u shouldnt eat that bologna sandwhich its bad for u and i dont have to think...well go buy me sum turkey loll
  • wannabthin4life
    Options
    I know this is mean but I don't comment on their status when It comes up and I can't see the diary. lol

There is nothing wrong with not commenting if they don't have an open diary. I recently opened mine only because someone asked me to. I chose to keep it private b/c its a diary. Diaries are private in most peoples eyes. I would write how I felt at the end of the day, made notes to myself about my foods I chose to ate, how I could do better and just PERSONAL feelings. Each person is different, some love to share. I respect if they are open or private b/c I know this journey is not meant for everyone to know every single detail about everyone and that is why there is an option to have it private. That's my view
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open because it makes me accountable.I here to learn and grow and if people comment honestly (even if i don't like what I hear) it challenages me to grow If i was able to do this alone,I wouldn't be in this position in the first place
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i like to see what other people are eating also. Gives me some ideas. Sometimes ya get into a rut.
  • navywife33
    navywife33 Posts: 31
    Options
    I didn't even know that you could post your diary... I'll go to my settings and see. I saw yours and honestly didn't think much of it. But after reading what these other people have said yes it could be private but we're all in this together and to help not get in a rut it's nice to see what others are up to to get some ideas! I however haven't even checked anyones diary yet :) This is also only week #2.
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes people are a little bashful about sharing their info. Especially if they are struggling to eat the right things! It took me several months before I even reached out and made friends on MFP. Sometimes they just may need a little time.