Start July 1

Options
I want to start losing weight and eating healthier. Any trainers? Any helpers?

Replies

• wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    There's a sticky post with more information and guidance that you could ever hope for. Have a read of them
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    kesha7110 wrote: »

Go ahead and start tomorrow. I dare you
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

Or now. Now is good.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options

Or now. Now is good.

I started between lunch and dinner one day. A couple months later, I signed up for MFP late in the evening. Get crackin'.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    I started in the middle of the morning one day, right after getting blood work and blood pressure numbers at a health screening. I called the number of the wellness adviser that I got at the screening, and she recommended MFP to me as a way to track what I was eating. I signed up immediately, got MFP's recommendation for a calorie goal to lose one pound a day, logged my best estimate of the breakfast I had already eaten, and began tracking from there.

If you want to lose weight, why would you wait to start?
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    July 1st of what year?
  • siddefinition
    siddefinition Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No you start now
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are waiting to July 1st ..to be ready? Like, have groceries, a plan, an exercise schedule, a food plan? I wish you the very best. Keep reading here on the site, to get a feel of the community. Read some success stories. Be prepared with a set of scales and measuring cups. etc. Have some healthy snacks ready. Can't wait to see how you do. I bet you are really excited! <3:)
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    There is a ton of great information. There are a lot of people who have succeeded and I think finding a good role model really helps.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

So just do it! And don't wait till July!
  • Sup3rk1w1
    Sup3rk1w1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    July 1st is an excellent day to start! It's in the middle of the week, in the middle of the year, so already breaking that terrible tradition of startings having to be at the beginning of something (New Year resolutions anyone?). There is a fantastic wealth of information on the internet and it really pays to take the time and read some of the good stuff. Ultimately it's going to have to be YOU to help and train yourself with the guidance of others. You will falter, but getting back up on your feet towards your goals is key. Consistancy is king (as I have found out haha). Good luck with your journey and all the best!
    My top picks >
    http://www.exrx.net/
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com
    http://www.marcandangel.com/
    p.s feel free to friend me on MFP :)
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

Or now. Now is good.

Yep.