Is this normal??

Options
Today is the second day of eating healthily and exercising and I'm experiencing something that is confusing me. When it gets close to meal times I get hungry (normal) but when I start eating I seem to stop feeling hungry all off a sudden... I'm still eating the meals as I know I need to eat and have some calories in me but the feeling is just really confusing me..

Replies

• ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Never had this problem myself so I can't say what could be the cause. I would perhaps space your meal out a bit. Eat half of it, or until you get the full feeling, then give yourself some time before coming back and finishing it. Just a thought to be sure that you are eating enough.
  • LillyLisax
    LillyLisax Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    te="ruggedshutter;33063284"]Never had this problem myself so I can't say what could be the cause. I would perhaps space your meal out a bit. Eat half of it, or until you get the full feeling, then give yourself some time before coming back and finishing it. Just a thought to be sure that you are eating enough.[/quote]

They're pretty small meals already so I don't understand it.. it's mainly vegetables and things that would go cold though D: I know I can't eat less as my goal is to only 1200 calories. .
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    it's psychological

ride it out

• slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Maybe your appetite has reduced from the exercise and perhaps your stomach has shrunk a bit due to the calorie restriction/eating healthy etc (although it has only been a few days). It is a strange one. Some days my appetite can be ravenous, but others my appetite can be really low and I have to push myself to eat all of my calories/macro goals. Sometimes I will drink a protein shake before bed even though I'm full because I have not hit my numbers for the day.Hopefully others will have more accurate answers though.
  • TrevorOwen8
    TrevorOwen8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating your serving size before you finish. But don't go any further either. You wanna try to eat what you're supposed to eat. Eat until you're satisfied, not until you're full. Your body needs fuel to function and if you're not fueling it the way it needs to be then that could be what's causing it. Eat what you're body needs and not what taste best
  • bambione
    bambione Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Are you excited about your food? Do you desire it? Is it possible you start out hungry and then look at your food and don't really want those healthy vegetables anymore?
  • LillyLisax
    Options
    Make sure you're eating your serving size before you finish. But don't go any further either. You wanna try to eat what you're supposed to eat. Eat until you're satisfied, not until you're full. Your body needs fuel to function and if you're not fueling it the way it needs to be then that could be what's causing it. Eat what you're body needs and not what taste best

I have been eating really healthily and I'm following a mean plan that tells me how much of each food group to have at each meal. I didn't even reach 1200 calories yesterday and I know you're not supposed to go below that amount..
  • LillyLisax
    Options
    bambione wrote: »
    Are you excited about your food? Do you desire it? Is it possible you start out hungry and then look at your food and don't really want those healthy vegetables anymore?

I'm not sure.. I didn't like it that much yesterday but today they seem to be tasting better :D
  • betsyellens22
    betsyellens22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Today is also my second day! *high five!* :D Im curious though, are you taking any diet pills? Ill be honest, I am taking Hydroxycut (started yesterday also with my diet) and I felt EXACTLY the same as you are describing today. Hmm.
  • entropyandennui
    entropyandennui Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you're eating a lot of raw fruit and veggies and this is something new for you it could be that the fiber is filling you up more rapidly than you're used to. TBH we can't really tell you what's going on without knowing a lot more about what you've been eating and what you are currently eating.

Regardless, stick with it! The first few days of any lifestyle change can be the most challenging.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    It goes away.
  • sjhatcu
    sjhatcu Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've never experienced this, but it seems like you're psyching yourself out. I don't know of any physiological reason for this to happen. I would say keep going, and make sure you're eating enough.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    It's probably all in the mind. Don't worry about getting it perfect on day 2. Your body will sort it out!