20yo with PCOS looking to make friends! :)

Hello MFP!

My name is Nina and I was just diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). I have tried every diet in the book, but it never became a lifestyle change. My doctor really urged me to lose weight to improve my condition, and I decided it was the final straw.

In short, I would really like some support, whether it be advice or even a "good job!" I am trying to figure out what plan would be best for me and I would love to be friends!

Enjoy your Monday! :)

Replies

• bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    I will be your friend.
  • Caelyn33
    Caelyn33 Posts: 1 Member
    Good Morning! I am finally on the path to losing weight. I have tried a lot of different things, but what I am trying now seems to be doing the job. So far. LOL I would love to be your support if you would like. I need it too. I get so discouraged so easily. Happy Monday!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    There's a couple of PCOS groups on here, if that interests you.
  • cubouldergirl2013
    cubouldergirl2013 Posts: 2 Member
    There's a couple of PCOS groups on here, if that interests you.

Thanks! I will check those out! :)
  • Nayda11
    Nayda11 Posts: 6 Member
    Congratulations on taking the initiative for your health. I also have PCOS and it is definitely a struggle to lose weight but i've been having success with this app so far so good luck and i hope you have success with it as well.
  • ITSKBHUN
    ITSKBHUN Posts: 7 Member
    Hi Everyone!

I'm 23 and have been living with PCOS since I was 15 or so, got all of the symptoms (hair is by FAR the worst). On my recent visit to the docs she said that I had to lose 3 stone, so here I am! Adding all of you so we can motivate each other :)

Katy x