Question for the ladies

Options
Do you gain any weight while or right before you start? Even if you're doing everything the same?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Yep. It's very common. Just take a look through the dozens of other threads on this topic and you'll get a pretty clear picture of how common it is. The good news is that it's water retention and should be temporary. Track it if you want or stop weighing around your TOM if you prefer.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Yup. I gain 2-4 pounds in water weight in the days before my period and it drops right back off a day or so after. It's just retained water, not fat so I don't worry about it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I assume you're talking about the time of the month?
    If so, yes I usually put on around 1kg (2ishlbs) a few days before they arrive. It disappears again toward the end.

If this is not what you're talking about. Apologies :flushed:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Oh jeez, i type too slow! The above 2 replies popped up while i was replying
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yep, 2-3 pounds about three days beforehand. Luckily this time it fell off the day I started, normally it waits until I'm almost finished.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Yup. A couple pounds and murderous junknfood cravings. Thanks biology. :(
  • FreshStartForMyself
    FreshStartForMyself Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I bloat A LOT and have an extremely hard time trying not to binge. So... yeah.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Yep. It's very common. Just take a look through the dozens of other threads on this topic and you'll get a pretty clear picture of how common it is.

Agreed. I am amazed by the sheer number of times this question gets asked.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yep, ignore it.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Yep. It's very common. Just take a look through the dozens of other threads on this topic and you'll get a pretty clear picture of how common it is.

Agreed. I am amazed by the sheer number of times this question gets asked.

Word.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    No, not at all.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. It goes up. I think my high was about seven pounds, but it's usually 3-5.

And it drops right back off about a week later.

Some people here have said that they stop weighing when the PMS begins and then begin again when it's over, just to save themselves the bother of watching it go up for no reason. :)
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I don't gain, but the scale doesn't want to budge. I dropped 2lbs the weekend after this last period. I was pretty surprised, but then also not really that surprised I guess.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You do gain. It usually drops off within the week after. I never go over 5 pounds but yeah there is always a little weight that gets put on!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I gain 2-3# mid-cycle because of eggs. I blame my dad.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Very common. I'm like another poster said. I actually see a few pounds jump mid-cycle. Lasts at least a week for me.