meal & exercise ideas

Options
I'm a young mother of three and eating healthy isn't too hard but finding meals the whole family will eat is the hard part. Does anyone have any meal ideas ? Also what are some good cardio exercises that work for you? :)

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    For cardio I like Leslie Sansone Walk at Home....it's low impact (so you can use even if the kids are napping).

www.youtube.com/user/walkathomemedia

Jessica Smith's workouts are good too

www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jessica+smith+cardio

Instead of 2 separate meals just eat what everyone else eats (only less). Always have a good veggie option so you can fill your plate up. I like stir frys served over rice. My rice portion is smaller and I keep the oil to a minimum.

A couple of sites with good recipes:

skinnytaste.com
    cookinglight.com
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    You can eat what ever you want as long as you eat less than you burn. so you can eat as familie the same meals
    What did you eat before? Eat it now too.
    We as familie eat the same i cook the same. I only eat less than i did. I weigh ALL my food on a food scale and log it.

My exercise is walking and swimming.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    btw Pinterest is a good source for (new) meals
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Try Fitness Blender too:
    https://www.fitnessblender.com/
    Free to use, access to 400+ videos.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Meal-wise, we eat the same as we've always eaten. I just eat different portions. My husband and daughter eat the same stuff I eat. One of us may eat more of one dish or less of another but the overall meal is the same.
  • HarleyHeartstop
    HarleyHeartstop Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Blogilates youtube workouts. They are about 5 minutes each and you can combine them to make a killer full body workout 30min-1hr. Sign up for blogilates.com workout calendars and its like you have a free workout schedule and personal trainer. Do blogilates videos a couple times a week and you will see a diff. For food ideas I read all kinds of blogs such as pbfingers, fitnessista, iowagirleats, fannetasticfood.
  • countrycutie408
    countrycutie408 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you soo much everyone, we used to eat take out more than I wanted and proud to say from loosing a few pounds I've gotten more energy and now cooking healthy meals that everyone seems to like :) and pinterest is definitely my favorite