Medi Weightloss Clinic

Options
Hi! Just wondering if anyone on here recently has started this journey with Medi Weightloss. I've been able to maintain my weight for over five years, including going through law school and two pregnancies, but I wanted to lose the weight and then work on maintaining it, which is why I went with Medi weightloss.

If anyone is doing this program, I'd love to be your friend on here, to help get us through the tough part! I'm currently on week 1, day 2 of the program.

Please, I've read other threads on this topic from 2012-2014, and I really don't want any comments about why this is a waste of money, etc. I'm looking for support from others going through this plan!

Thanks!

Replies

• kristin329
    kristin329 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 2.
    Lost 5.6 pounds week 1
    Lost 3.4 week 2

Fingers crossed!!!

I paid for 8 weeks up front so hoping that will FORCE me to stick with it. I'm looking to lose another 25. to 30 pounds. How are you doing?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I can't think of a single good reason to fork over an obscene amount of money for a VLCD.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    If you have your mind set on doing a vlcd , why not just eat your own foods ? I dont see a reason to pay to starve yourself. But that's just my opinion. Its your body , and you have every right to do whatever you want with it.
  • Anna83704
    Anna83704 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I generally like to eat more than 800 calories a day..
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Beckyvan17 wrote: »
    OMG folks, way to be supportive. Just what a person needing/ wanting to lose a lot of weight wants to hear - how it is a waste of $$. Different things work for different folks.

I have been overweight for 15 years and started doing the Medi Weightloss plan in January. I needed a kick start and to feel like I was making progress. It can feel overwhelming to think about losing 50+ pounds. Yes it is hard, yes it is expensive - but it has worked for me. Right time and place for me - I was ready to really commit and I have lost 55 lbs (of fat, not water) so far. I can say I have not felt like I was "starving" once in the past 6 months. I follow the plan - when I am in Ketosis and I eat the proper amount of protein, I am not hungry. For me meeting with the nurse and nutritionist weekly has made it worth the cost. It makes me think before I put something in my mouth - is it worth it?? Taking care of myself has become more important than Ben & Jerry.

I am getting ready to transition to the next phase and we are working together to change my "approach" to food. I have a lot of confidence I will be able to keep the weight off, I have flipped the way I think about things and I have had more success than I imagined.

Good luck.

Strong first post.

There is no reason to go on a highly expensive VLCD to lose weight. Just track your food and move a bit more. That's all you need.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    OMG folks, way to be supportive. Just what a person needing/ wanting to lose a lot of weight wants to hear - how it is a waste of $$. Different things work for different folks.

I have been overweight for 15 years and started doing the Medi Weightloss plan in January. I needed a kick start and to feel like I was making progress. It can feel overwhelming to think about losing 50+ pounds. Yes it is hard, yes it is expensive - but it has worked for me. Right time and place for me - I was ready to really commit and I have lost 55 lbs (of fat, not water) so far. I can say I have not felt like I was "starving" once in the past 6 months. I follow the plan - when I am in Ketosis and I eat the proper amount of protein, I am not hungry. For me meeting with the nurse and nutritionist weekly has made it worth the cost. It makes me think before I put something in my mouth - is it worth it?? Taking care of myself has become more important than Ben & Jerry.

I am getting ready to transition to the next phase and we are working together to change my "approach" to food. I have a lot of confidence I will be able to keep the weight off, I have flipped the way I think about things and I have had more success than I imagined.

Good luck.

Strong first post.

There is no reason to go on a highly expensive VLCD to lose weight. Just track your food and move a bit more. That's all you need.

This.
  • Anna83704
    Anna83704 Posts: 37 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Good luck.

I have a lot to lose..160 pounds. That doesn't mean I don't want people telling me the truth. Medi is a waste of money. You can do keto yourself if you choose to. You don't need to eat 800 calories and pay through the nose for a program.
  • adayinparis
    adayinparis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Gosh everyone, the first person who posted asked nicely if you weren't supportive of this program to NOT post. She only wanted people who were supportive. This isn't a political debate. Obviously she has already heard the negative and CHOSE to move forward anyway.

I am just getting back involved with MFP and this is definitely putting a sour taste in my mouth because if this is how you guys show "support", no thanks.

I personally did Medi about 8 years ago and was tremendously successful with it. Yes, much later I regained weight, but that had nothing to do with Medi and more to do about other things. I am thinking of doing Medi again and I sincerely don't need snarky remarks coming from all of you.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Gosh everyone, the first person who posted asked nicely if you weren't supportive of this program to NOT post. She only wanted people who were supportive. This isn't a political debate. Obviously she has already heard the negative and CHOSE to move forward anyway.

I am just getting back involved with MFP and this is definitely putting a sour taste in my mouth because if this is how you guys show "support", no thanks.

I personally did Medi about 8 years ago and was tremendously successful with it. Yes, much later I regained weight, but that had nothing to do with Medi and more to do about other things. I am thinking of doing Medi again and I sincerely don't need snarky remarks coming from all of you.

This is a public forum and neither you nor the OP can control who posts or what they say.

Aside from that, this was posted in the General Diet and Weight Loss Help section of the forums, not the Motivation and Support section.

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

Public forum. Maybe on Facebook that works.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    As others have said public forum, you can't dictate the responses. Also, I think it's pretty darn supportive to say save your money, you can do this yourself with the right commitment and will be far more likely to succeed if going it alone as it were. Failure rate of any of these "solutions" is too high for people not to want to save someone the heartache, both financial and emotional.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Yeah, sorry OP, several people obsessively try to push their "better" way onto others. They have no idea who you are, but they know what you, and everyone else on earth, need. Sounds a bit silly, eh? My theory is that no one listens to them outside of MFP; cue outlet. Good luck with the MediFast!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options

Public forum, tough love .

So, you did Medi, it didn't work long term. "Diets" don't work long term. You need to lose weight the same way you plan on maintaining it for the rest of your life. It needs to be a lifestyle change.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    brandiwijn wrote: »
    Geez. If she/he is happy with it, then so be it. Why so much negativity?!

Well for starters supporting a VLCD is against forum rules...
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I