when and how to have green tea?

Options
anyatanu
anyatanu Posts: 35 Member
edited June 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hi

Myself tanu, im on weight loss program. Have lost 3 kgs so far in past 45 days.
Age 31, weight 57kgs. Goal is to achive 49kgs in coming 6 months.

my concern is in what manner i should have green tea to extract best out of it?as i have heard and read that it increase matabolic rate nd hence helps in fat loss (m i rte?)

How many min should i need to dip the tea bags in hot??
Is it rte that i need to have it in hot water jst bfre bubbles started to form in water?

Should i take it early in morning??
can i take it along with my brkfst or it has to b taken all alone ??
Do i need to take it after dinner?
how many times in a day should i have to take??

Please help me clearing my doubts.
thx

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Drink it when you like. It's tea. It isn't going to appreciably 'boost' your metabolism. Sorry. It's a tasty, calorie free beverage, but that's about it.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Green tea's reputation as a "metabolic booster" comes from the fact that it has caffiene in it, which can bump up the metabolism in a very small, almost immeasurable, temporary way. A cup of coffee would do the same.

There's no actual benefit in green tea other than the fact that it helps to hydrate the body in a low-calorie way (if you drink it without honey, sugar, or cream).

I do like it sprinkled on top of a little vanilla ice cream though, IMO, real Japanese Ocha. I'm blaming my trip to Japan on that... such an interesting flavor mix.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I drink mine on cold nights with a bit of honey. I guess you should drink it whenever and however you like.

p.s.: It doesn't do anything magical.
  • Asharee011
    Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love green tea. I usually drink it in the morning instead of coffee. I've noticed that I feel more awake and have more energy than when I drank coffee. It could just be me.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    When you want it, and how you like it :)

P.S. it's not magic
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss is a result of a calorie deficit. Green tea does not help you lose weight....sorry.

There have been studies proving" and dis-proving this. If you like tea, drink it. If it keeps you from drinking other higher calorie beverages....great

• anyatanu
    anyatanu Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ohhh...i nvr knew this fact.

Watevr i googled about green tea evry where its written helps in weight loss....so thought to gve it a try.
    but bfre havin i thought btr to ask nd clarify.

thx fr clearin my doubt. :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I drink it in the morning on the way to the train station. It's bloody cold right now, so it warms me up. Otherwise is does bugger all for weight loss.