My Name's Michelle - I'm New Here...

DemonG
DemonG Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
So here I am -- trying once again to lose weight to feel better about myself and gain some energy.

I've tried Atkins, South Beach, Fat Smash, the crazy soup diet, the Phenetrmine/Topamax diet, etc etc.... And, yes, here I am -- still fat. **haha**

I'm hoping there are people on here that will help me out, show me around the site, and maybe share some tips and tricks.

Happy New Year, all!

Replies

• So here I am -- trying once again to lose weight to feel better about myself and gain some energy.

I've tried Atkins, South Beach, Fat Smash, the crazy soup diet, the Phenetrmine/Topamax diet, etc etc.... And, yes, here I am -- still fat. **haha**

I'm hoping there are people on here that will help me out, show me around the site, and maybe share some tips and tricks.

Happy New Year, all!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Welcome and Happy New Year To You!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Everyone here will be glad to help ;just post.
  • I'm Michelle too. Welcome! This a a great site - everyone is very supportive. If you ever need advice, motivation, etc, just ask!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Believe me, I've ALSO tried just about every diet out there, including hypnosis, TWICE! And nothing worked, until I came to MFP.
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Hi I suggest if you want to really get a good start on weight loss is join this Biggest Loser Club thing they have going on. It's like the biggest loser just on the web you give your start weight it runs the duration of the show and there are weekly weigh ins. It's a large group of us doing and it might help to have a group to work with. But what ever you choose to do good luck! :smile:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Hey, My name is Michelle too! Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • Hi Michelle,
    I live in New York and if you must drink something hot...Black Tea = 0 cals
    FYI
    Good Luck, be true to yourself and this website will help you!
    Theresa
This discussion has been closed.