Before I buy --info on fat burners

Options
Hey community needed info ..I'm doing well in my lifestyle change but I was thinking of adding a woman's fat burner .. Wanted your thoughts opinions any info would be appreciated .. I know pills aren't a solution so don't think that .. I'm looking for that lil extra burn with no side effects .. Thanks in advance ..

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    No.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    They are expensive caffeine pills.. Save your money.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    They don't do anything coffe can't.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You are doing well with your lifestyle change - you can take the credit for your weight loss. So called fat burners only "work" when you are eating at a deficit.....you don't have to pay money for something you are already doing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    There are no such things as "fat burners". Basically all of them have a mild appetite suppressant and stimulants (usually caffeine based). Save the money on those and use it on fitness clothing or equipment instead.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I've tried a bunch of them in the past and none of them made me lose weight any faster.

I have to agree that they are really expensive caffeine pills.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Just drink coffee.
  • jhard728
    jhard728 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. They are hype like so many other quick fix products. I know you said you don't view it as a fix but they won't provide any benefit IMO. if I feel I need a little extra I drink a cup of coffee an hour or so before I workout. I also dumped my "preWorkout", they stuff is bad news too.
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Blazing_Brunette Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I hear you loud and clear ... Thanks ... I'll stick to losing weight slowly and steadily .. Thanks
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Before you buy....just don't. Trust me when I say, it's all a waste of money and time. Time you could use towards putting work into your weight loss. Money you could use towards groceries or some dumbbells.
  • grza36
    grza36 Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hardcore:

I think it's pretty dangerous to even tell someone thinking about "weight loss pills" about this stuff without saying in the same breath that people who take it often cook themselves from the inside and die as a result of using it.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Your heart might explode. Semi serious.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Monster-monster-energy-drink-35158894-1131-707.jpg
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Options
    Pure example why people should inquire before doing ... Thanks everyone
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Don't bother. The money would be better spent on a gym membership, fresh produce, or someone to follow you around and slap the cookies out of your hand.

Nothing against cookies here, I love them, I just need less of them, which I suspect is a problem for many of us.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I've tried two - SlimQuick and Hydroxycut.

SlimQuick didn't do anything for me at all. I lost 1/2 a pound in two weeks with diet and exercise. Which is actually slower than I do on CICO on IIFYM alone. I'm thinking it was all water weight because I'm pretty sure the only thing it helps with that is true to the ads is excess water. On the plus side, I didn't really feel any side effects, but I'm thinking it's because it's basically a water pill.

Hydroxycut on the other hand... Let's see, shakiness, dizziness, heart palpatations, insomnia... oh - and plague-level acne. Didn't even lose a single pound (once again, with diet and exercise). I think this was because the pill was putting my body through so much stress, it decided to hold on to everything.

So, all-in-all not only have my own excersions into weight loss pill not worked - they've actually performed worse than what I could've done without any extra assistance at all.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    joker-burn-cash-o.gif

Fat burners are scams. At least burning your money will keep you warm and you can toast food.
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Options
    Thanks everyone .. Appreciate the feedback