Options
2»

Replies

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Pre-logging and weighing.
    Don't use colourful Tupperware thingies. ;)

And weigh everything.

Huh?

She means the food measuring containers like in the 21 day fix program
    http://www.amazon.com/Autumn-Calabreses-Day-Fix-Essential/dp/B00I89MAKS

I agree with the others who say weigh your food!

I love the B&A pics that show the girl with bigger boobs in the after. BWAHAHAHA!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

And weigh everything.

Huh?

I love the B&A pics that show the girl with bigger boobs in the after. BWAHAHAHA!

:D

• MamaBirdBoss
    Options

And weigh everything.

Huh?

:D

I want the Perky Tits workout plan. Forget size. I want them to look like they did before 3 babies!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I go by the suggested serving sizes like 2 oz of sandwich meat, 100 g of berries, 4 oz of meat, 1/2 c. (112 g) Greek yogurt, etc. and I weigh everything. I found that if I took what I wanted, then weighed it, I was eating too much.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Eat off 9 inch plates.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Definitely portion out everything in advance, when possible. When eating out, try to eat half of what's on your plate- for American restaurants, at least. American restaurants give you WAY more food than you should be eating.

Smaller plates/bowls/utensils.

Drink a glass of water 10-20 minutes before you start eating.

Eat slowly, and stop when you're full (when you no longer have that empy stomach feeling, but before you eat too much and feel bloated).
  • Heulitt26
    Heulitt26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I switch between specific weighing and the 21 day fix containers - and honestly I have had more success using the containers than the stress of weighing it all. It was so much easier to meal plan for the week ahead and I didn't freak out if I need my scale and was out or couldn't find it. Freak OUT! haha

Knowing correct portion sizes is great too. Like the amount of one serving (about 6 oz) of protein is the size of your palm. Or when most people eat a bagel for breakfast, sandwich for lunch and potatoes for dinner - the carbohydrates you're getting (although healthy choices) are overloading your system. So knowing not only portion sizes specifically, but the frequency of your portions is really important. That's why I liked the containers - everything was simply put and helped me understand HOW MUCH of each type of food group I should be eating to maintain a healthy weight loss goal.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    After weighing and placing on small plates, when eating, chew s l o w l y.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Sit down and eat.

Pause between each bite. Be conscious of chewing your food and savor!

Hold a conversation while eating.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Eat off 9 inch plates.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

My Corelle 10.25" dinner plates are used as serving platters here, and the 8.5" plates are what we use for meals. We have the 6.75” "Bread & Butter Plates" as well, and they get used at lunch for sandwiches and chips/crackers (or for the kids at dinner time).
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Eat off 9 inch plates.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

My Corelle 10.25" dinner plates are used as serving platters here, and the 8.5" plates are what we use for meals. We have the 6.75” "Bread & Butter Plates" as well, and they get used at lunch for sandwiches and chips/crackers (or for the kids at dinner time).

We use square plates! My husband never had a weight problem because he exercises like crazy and my foods are NOT calorie dense, but he does have a binging problem, and he used to make himself physically ill. It's from his upbringing, where his sense of being full basically got broken by his parents. :P

We eat off 8" square plates or 6.5" plates meant for salads and for bread, here. We only have a few larger plates that we also use for serving!
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    To make it easy on myself sometimes. I buy the 100 cal snack packs. I love guacamole so I buy the Wholly Guacamole cups that 100 cal each. I also sit and weight big bags of stuff into ziplock bags to grab n go. To make things easy to measure and weight at work I went to the $1 store and bought measuring cups and spoons I keep in my desk. I also bought an inexpensive scale. It helps me control my portions.
  • FloralBlossom
    FloralBlossom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I weight and measure everything then fill half my plate with vegetables and I don't go back for seconds
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I like these:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porcelain-Portion-Control-Kit-Contains-4-Portion-Plates-Bowls-Glasses-Discs-/321333804700?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad0fcbe9c

and this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Healthy-Portion-Plate-Portion-Control-is-key-to-weight-loss-/231589502706?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35ebcf5ef2

Pretty, almost cute, as a contrast to lots of items meant for portion control. I think it could help some people. But I wouldn't but any of it myself, because I prefer weighing and prelogging! Weighing and prelogging has taught me a lot about portion control, trusting the process, and being more mindful around eating.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    More veggies, less of everything else.. but yeh, weigh it too