belly getting bigger

Options
Hello,

I started boot camp about three weeks ago, being diligent and going 3 times a week. I have not noticed much weight loss yet, but I have noticed that my belly is getting bigger. I look like I am pregnant! I know I am not!! Any idea what is causing this? Any ideas to get it back down? When I was working out at Spa lady pretty reguarly, it was getting flatter. But now its getting more rounder. HELP!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    water retention?
  • scubadvr
    scubadvr Posts: 3
    Options
    i do drink more water than I used to . . . will it eventually go away? is my body just getting used to having more water?
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    That depends on your body type. My tummy flaps over a bit so as Ive lost weigt its shrunk UP which makes it appear more round then flattens ou tthe shrinks up and gets roundr then flattens out again. Very frustrating. This is why I have only lost 1.5 pant sizes in 56 lbs
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    U might be eating too much sodium, which in fact retains water, if u can open ur diary we can help u much better
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    AWhats your sodium intake? if youre suddenly drinking more water and have a high sodium intake you need to slash the sodium
  • DTatum
    DTatum Posts: 15
    Options
    Do not stop drinking water, whatever you do. Water keeps your body hydrated while it detoxes during workouts. However, it could be do to improper breathing while doing exercises. I have been told to exhale when sitting up and inhale when going back down, etc. The next thing I would suggest is to maybe decrease your servings by a little and eat your snacks in between.
  • rosemarievaskiss
    Options
    Try drinking water with lemon, everyday, everytime you drink water. Either buy lemons to squeeeze in it or the lemon juice in a bottle, you can put a sweetener in it just to make it taste better. Its supposed to help your stomach from bloating. I heard about in on Dr. Oz show and I started doing it...religiously and its helped tremendously. Good luck.,
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    My stomach did that too...but then I noticed that i was losing weight on my sides and it made me look pregnant.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I find if I don't get enough probiotics in my diet (at least a serving a day, more if I'm having "troubles") I bloat like crazy =/
  • a_freeman
    a_freeman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Have you been on a space ship lately. Sorry, just watched alien. (LOL)
  • rachelboddy
    rachelboddy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    What is your sugar and sodium intake? Bloating could happen by change of diet as well.... any new foods?
  • stinabear13
    stinabear13 Posts: 32
    Options
    do you have the mirena iuc? its made me look around 6 months along sever bloating despite cutting out salt and watching it with processed foods my weight kept climbing i could only get it down 10lbs and it would fluctuate only that. im getting it removed wednesday, il be glad to be rid of the migraines that last days, the really bad mood swings,messed up my hair and skin the list goes on the weight started packing on with it when periods were light or stopped.
  • scubadvr
    scubadvr Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you all for your questions and advice! I really appreciate it. I don't think I have a high sodium intake . . I don't ever add salt and my fiancee and I are very consious about sodium intake when buying groceries. I do like my sugar, but I dont' think I eat an excess amount. I don't have the IUD - I am on the pill and have been for many years. As I said, I drink more water than I used to. I was a little upset this morning when I weighed myself, I apparently gained 4 lbs!! But I notice that my pants are a little looser around the waist, but it still bugs me. I know we aren't suppose to go by the number per say, I don't weigh myself everyday or anything, once a week to make sure I am on track. I did up my calorie intake to just under 1500 as opposed to the 1200 I was aiming for. Maybe that will help. I just feel discouraged at this point.
  • DTatum
    DTatum Posts: 15
    Options
    Don't get discouraged, just do a little more. If you do the same workout day in and day out, your body becomes used to it as a regular part of your day and will no longer produce weight loss results. Mix up your workout a little and push yourself a little farther/harder each time.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I do that too, it takes a lot of weight to change pants size....my pants fit, till I exercise and for me everything that gravity pulled down, exercise lifts back up, and it makes my pants tighter, but if you stick with it, you will see the fat lift then flater, when I do cardio I also get flufy tummy, but the next morning flat again till cardio, I know they say fat dosnt shift,but that is what it likes on me. I see weight loss on my ankles, wrists forearms, back and calfs, the tummy last.
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    artificial sweeteners, especially splenda tend to make your mid-section look bloated.... I have a friend that went through the same thing and when she quit adding splenda to her diet, she was able to get flatter again.