Liquid Vitamins versus Pill Vitamins?

Options
Hi Everyone,
I am looking into switching from vitamin pills to liquid vitamins...any advice or products you like? I'm getting to the point where i take about 9 vitamins (they change on the day and how i feel), but my tummy i think just doesn't like digesting those vitamins anymore. Am i getting old? lol it has been about 5 years that i have been taking daily vitamins...I think liquid vitamins might help me with my tummy issues.

any help would be appreciated, sites to look into, products you like or don't like, your experiences on when you changed from pills to liquid vitamins, etc. any help would be great. thanks everyone!

Anna :)

Replies

• sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It's a personal preference. There are also vitamins in powdered form, which you can dissolve in water and drink. I like Orange Triad + Greens powder. It has an orange flavor (as opposed to a gross medicinal taste you might get from an already liquid vitamin complex).

If a multivitamin in tablet form suggest 6 tablets per day, then space them out for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. By taking them all at once, or without food... absorption is being restricted.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Anna - Are you sure you're taking the pills as directed? I have some that say to take with meals and some on an empty stomach. Also, there are some things I have to take in capsules rather than tablet form.

As for liquid, I'd research each pill individually. Mom and I were talking about fish oil over the weekend - she said her brand of fish oil is cheaper in liquid form, but then freshness is a concern. Taste is also a concern - I tried liquid fish oil and flax seed oil for a while and couldn't stomach the taste and ending up not using the whole bottle.
  • gainthatmuscle
    gainthatmuscle Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    and superfoods supplement will do. try GNC superfoods powder and or the whole food blends.

here is the link to one, http://www.gnc.com/GNC-SuperFoods-Whole-Food-Blend-Berry/product.jsp?productId=12383570
  • BananaAnna83
    BananaAnna83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes, i def need to research this more...which is why i posted this question, to see what others were doing. Yes i am taking them at the right times of the day, its just recently my tummy gets upset from the vitamins i take in the morning. I guess i could eat a bigger meal with them, but it is hard to eat more than i already do in the am as im just not that hungry in the morning. i never thought of looking for vitamins in powder form....duh lol i will research that, thanks sixxpoint! :)

I did purchase a mulit-vitamin drink that i have been doing in the morning for about 2 weeks now (i drink about a shot glass worth) and that seems to be ok, taste isn't the best, but i will take icky tasting over an upset tummy any day. kind of tastes like a bad V8 drink lol

i need to research how these liquid vitamins are absorbed versus pills or powder...

thanks again for giving me your advise, i greatly appreciate it.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I take Vitamin D and have both forms. The liquid DOES taste funny, I won't lie to you.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I can't swallow pills and have started taking the brand Reliv as a daily vitamin. It is in powder form. I use the Now and it tastes okay.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I have specific mal-absorption issues so I have to take a lot of vitamins daily. There's a liquid calcium citrate, blueberry flavour, that I took for a while. Blueberry gets old after a while.

My daughter, who likes all-natural, was convinced to try Vega One powder to be mixed up in to a shake. When she did the maths she found the shake was no less expensive than the individual vitamins.

You might also try taking those morning vitamins with Greek yogurt to see if it digests better if your stomach has more to work over. Yogurt is always good for the stomach (unless you have a specific intolerance of course).