Fluctuation in weight

Options
I weigh myself in the morning on a regular basis. I reached my goal about 2 months ago but what I noticed was that my weight fluctuates plus or minus about 4 pounds depending on the week. I haven't changed my diet to account for the difference in the weight. Any thoughts about what is going on? I don't think it's an issue with the scale. Thanks.

Replies

• caitlinrachelle_22
    Options
    I have this problem too. I was told that a person gains and loses up to 5 pounds a day. I think this is normal for everyone.. but I'm not sure why. If I had to take a guess I would say its due to water weight mostly. Maybe you ate something higher in sodium?
  • muzicgurl02
    muzicgurl02 Posts: 31
    Options
    I have a similar issue... one week I loose 2 pounds the following week I gain 1 pound back. I thinking mine has to do with water weight. Maybe your does too??
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Could be water weight. Or food "in-transit". Also, could be your clothes, if you don't weigh naked. Or water saturation if you weigh after a shower.
    Perhaps simply the gravitational pull of the moon on the earth? :laugh: Is it high tide or low tide?
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options
    It's water retention, food in transit, and also the scale, even though you doubt it. Scales are not 100% accurate... try checking several objects on it so you see how it register some and "ignores" others. This is also the reason why some of us register no change on the scale for an entire week, then suddenly overnight we lose a pound. It's not that we lost it overnight, it's just that the scale finally "senses" the difference...
  • donger359
    donger359 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for the info. It's probably diet related. I'll pay more attention to my sodium intake and compare it to the days when I weigh more.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    It's water retention, food in transit, and also the scale, even though you doubt it. Scales are not 100% accurate... try checking several objects on it so you see how it register some and "ignores" others. This is also the reason why some of us register no change on the scale for an entire week, then suddenly overnight we lose a pound. It's not that we lost it overnight, it's just that the scale finally "senses" the difference...

My scale lies ALL of the time! LOL

I am a compulsive weigher -- many times twice a day just to see what my body's doing. It doesn't discourage me -- and I fluctuate as much as 5 pounds in a day.