Just Joined!

Options
In an hour I have to head out to a NYE's black tie gala wearing a ridiculously out of season and inappropriate dress because it's the only thing that will fit (to make matters worse - it's fitting because it is a kimono style dress without zippers, buttons, or any shape). In my entire life, I have never been in a position like this. I've never had to choose between cancelling an engagement or going to a party in out of date, ill fitting clothes, because I've gained too much weight to wear the things in my closet.

Even as I type this I can't believe it. How could I let this happen to myself?

Silver linings: identified the problem and am in the process of sorting it out. Glad I found this website, I think it'll help me (and my husband, who's already sick of hearing about my recent weight gain!)

Replies

• Pubali
    Pubali Posts: 19
    Options
    In an hour I have to head out to a NYE's black tie gala wearing a ridiculously out of season and inappropriate dress because it's the only thing that will fit (to make matters worse - it's fitting because it is a kimono style dress without zippers, buttons, or any shape). In my entire life, I have never been in a position like this. I've never had to choose between cancelling an engagement or going to a party in out of date, ill fitting clothes, because I've gained too much weight to wear the things in my closet.

Even as I type this I can't believe it. How could I let this happen to myself?

Silver linings: identified the problem and am in the process of sorting it out. Glad I found this website, I think it'll help me (and my husband, who's already sick of hearing about my recent weight gain!)
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou:
  • cerfin
    cerfin Posts: 41
    Options
    Welcome:smile:
  • TextJade
    Options
    Im sorry you felt like that but we have all been there and still have a way to go. This is a New Year and a new start and Im sure by next New Years Eve you will be in the dress of your dreams. Take each day as it comes and little steps you will get there

Take care Jade:heart:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I found this site on Jan 2 of 2008 and lost alot of weight over the past year! :drinker: to you and a great 2009!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    Have fun at the party. Drink up. Start fresh tomorrow!
  • Pubali
    Pubali Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kind words, everyone. As a follow up: not only did the night go spectacularly, I also ended putting together an outfit that turned out to be great for both my self esteem and my wardrobe!

Happy New Year!!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

Well, the good news is that this time next year, you will be in a completely different dress!!

Good luck!!:flowerforyou:
    -Tami