Hit 50 last year

Options
Hi All - I recently had my 50th birthday and am finding it harder and harder to lose and maintain my weight loss. I have about 15-20lbs to lose which doesn't sound like a lot but feels nearly impossible at times. I had a few ankle injuries to content with over the past year but all in all feeling pretty good now. I would love to find someone (hopefully in my age group - that can relate to struggling with a slower metabolism) to help with my motivation.

Replies

• deepblue21
    deepblue21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not impossible. Currently doing 1kg per week. This app helps. Not feeling hungry either!!
  • misskitty2018
    misskitty2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    hi there mrav! I'm in your same boat...i'm 48 and my fat does not melt off like you hear of other peoples;( I struggle to lose one ounce. But I have lost 30 pounds in the last 4 years and in the past 2 months I have lost another 7. I was losing my motivation but told myself....just keep doing it...don't stop! So yesterday I went out and bought a new pair of running shoes and took them out today...it was a nice splurge and they felt great;)
    I relate to you. keep on pushing forward!
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi mrav, I am in my 50's and really struggling with my weight loss. For me it is a day by day ordeal. I need to lose about 10kg (22lbs) and I have such a sweet tooth which I am trying to get under control with the use of cinnamon which seems to be working so far, I am on day 3 with this small change. Good luck with your journey.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. At about 35 I could no longer just cut back and lose like I used to. Now, at 47, I'm stuck. 2.5 years ago I gained 50 lbs for no known reason. I've managed to get 12 lbs off but I've been stuck for months. It's extremely hard to deal with, but I am plugging away day by day.
  • slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 52 and can relate to your struggle.
    Have lost 21lbs so far, trying to lose a bit more, but we're at that funny age where sometimes it doesn't come off as quick!
    Feel free to add me.
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am 51, and know the feeling. It is so much harder to lose at this age, but it was really easy to put it on! I have lost about 15 pounds over the last year, and have about 10 more to go. It's tough, but I've come so far and I am not quitting now! Feel free to add me.
  • bredaclarke67
    bredaclarke67 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 48 and the weight just doesn't move like it did a few years ago. Need to drop about 12lbs but keep stalling at about 5. Very frustrating when you're watching all you eat and exercise each day. However I won't give in this time. Friend request sent
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 and have about 28 to go. The weight fell off to this point, but the pounds are not comming off like the first 40. I can see I need to make some changes to continue losing weight. I'm 55 and would love some young friends in a similar situation.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hi there, 50 too! I use to be very thin. Not any more. The weight has just crept on over the years. It's sneaky. I am determined to lose some weight. I am not obsessing about it like I use to. I do exercise and eat well and am doing a low carb thing. It's going well but slower than it use to. We all have to accept that it will be slower. That's OK, think about all of the wisdom we 50+'s have! I'm proud of it! Hang in there, make good food choices. That's the best we can do and it's all good!
  • DLinnell58
    DLinnell58 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm in the 50s as well, and I hear ya! Feel free to add me if you would like!