Working out and Trying to Ignore the Scale...

Options
pznatti
pznatti Posts: 51 Member
edited June 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women for about a month and logging food for about 12 days... Last week I gained 2lbs and this week I lost 1.6 of the lbs I gained. I still haven't officially lost anything officially...

And in telling myself that's okay. I'm building strength... I just finished my workout and I'm going to stick with my plan...

Here's a pic of my workout log from this morning and a couple of days ago.

r20mvu2uokpo.jpg

My motto... Keep on keepin' on...

Replies

• 10inprogress
    10inprogress Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It's very hard to stop using the scale as a metric, but when I started lifting I didn't weigh myself for a month or two. Just used measurements and clothes. Made me far more sane and happier not to have to obsess. Good luck toward your goals!
  • pznatti
    pznatti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think this might be the way I go. I get too bummed... I might just put away my scale for a while... in the garage so I'm not tempted to get it out easier...
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    The scale moves at a snails pace for me, I think I'm densely packed (probably not a thing but it help me psychologically!) so I see the tape measure move at a far greater pace. I hadn't really thought I was making any progress the last couple of weeks so got the tape measure out today, another few inches gone. That'll do for me, the scales will catch up eventually as long as I keep on keeping on with what I'm doing.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    It's hard to break the scale habit. I just recently went a couple months without weighing myself and just used my clothes as a guideline. Last time I had to step on a scale for someone I didn't even look at the number.
  • Marcus_2015
    Marcus_2015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    When building muscle, you have to go by body fat % measurements and other physical measurements (waist, neck, etc.) to measure progress.

At some point you will plateau on the muscle building and then you may see fat loss. Hard to gain muscle weight AND lose fat at the same time but it can be done when you first start.

R