Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

when and how to have green tea?

anyatanu
anyatanu Posts: 35 Member
edited June 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hi

Myself tanu, im on weight loss program. Have lost 3 kgs so far in past 45 days.
Age 31, weight 57kgs. Goal is to achive 49kgs in coming 6 months.

my concern is in what manner i should have green tea to extract best out of it?as i have heard and read that it increase matabolic rate nd hence helps in fat loss (m i rte?)

How many min should i need to dip the tea bags in hot??
Is it rte that i need to have it in hot water jst bfre bubbles started to form in water?

Should i take it early in morning??
can i take it along with my brkfst or it has to b taken all alone ??
Do i need to take it after dinner?
how many times in a day should i have to take??

Please help me clearing my doubts.
thx

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Drink it when you like. It's tea. It isn't going to appreciably 'boost' your metabolism. Sorry. It's a tasty, calorie free beverage, but that's about it.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    edited June 2015
    Green tea's reputation as a "metabolic booster" comes from the fact that it has caffiene in it, which can bump up the metabolism in a very small, almost immeasurable, temporary way. A cup of coffee would do the same.

There's no actual benefit in green tea other than the fact that it helps to hydrate the body in a low-calorie way (if you drink it without honey, sugar, or cream).

I do like it sprinkled on top of a little vanilla ice cream though, IMO, real Japanese Ocha. I'm blaming my trip to Japan on that... such an interesting flavor mix.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    I drink mine on cold nights with a bit of honey. I guess you should drink it whenever and however you like.

p.s.: It doesn't do anything magical.
  • Asharee011
    Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
    I love green tea. I usually drink it in the morning instead of coffee. I've noticed that I feel more awake and have more energy than when I drank coffee. It could just be me.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    When you want it, and how you like it :)

P.S. it's not magic
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Your weight loss is a result of a calorie deficit. Green tea does not help you lose weight....sorry.

There have been studies proving" and dis-proving this. If you like tea, drink it. If it keeps you from drinking other higher calorie beverages....great

• anyatanu
    anyatanu Posts: 35 Member
    Ohhh...i nvr knew this fact.

Watevr i googled about green tea evry where its written helps in weight loss....so thought to gve it a try.
    but bfre havin i thought btr to ask nd clarify.

thx fr clearin my doubt. :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,013 Member
    I drink it in the morning on the way to the train station. It's bloody cold right now, so it warms me up. Otherwise is does bugger all for weight loss.