Here We Go Again

Options
Today as I begin my committment to myself and vow to lose weight.... For the millionth time, it occurred to me that I am just like an addict. They swear they will stop drinking or doing drugs over and over to the point that no one believes them. To be honest, I don't know if I believe myself. I want it. I always do. So them why do I always give up and revert back to old habits. These are the questions, but I don't know the answers.

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    all I know is join the club. I feel the same, love my food. Have to log this dirn stuff to keep myself straight.
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Well, the positive is that you haven't given up and that you have likely learned a few things along the way of what works and what doesn't! For my successes, I used a very similar method to lose weight as I did for quitting smoking. I have been quit smoking for 3 and a half years and I have been on here for a number of years now.
    1) Figure out why you want to do it - this is what you want to use for your motivation
    2) Write those reasons down or put them on your profile
    3) Create goals, both short and long term to achieve
    4) Write those down and refer to them often
    5) Realize that it is not always easy, there are some tough times, disheartening times and yes, good times too
    6) This is a change in life style, not a diet, this is a change that affects you for the rest of your life
    7) Sheer determination to stick with it, stick to it and carry through - wins!

I went from a 300lb smoker to lose 85-90lbs and am now in the best shape of my life. Feel free to look over my profile if you like, it has some of my history there.

Good luck! You can do this if you are determined to!
  • lwestenhaver
    lwestenhaver Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We're creatures of habit. I too fall A LOT! I'm back again, TONIGHT. I know exactly what u mean. Some more than others I can stick with it for the time I'm awake (midnight snack either)
    Let's do this!!!