Hi

Options
Hi everyone !
What a great community of people are on this site! I give everyone great credit for all the support you give to eachother out there.
I'm 45, married for 25 years, work full time, and a mother of 2 college age kids. Empty nest for the first time! I started getting into fitness when I turned 40. I got into cycling, joined a bike club and really enjoyed the people. I also started to get into triathlons and competed in my first international tri last April. I've always been about the same weight for years-but for the first time I see the effects of gravity showing! I'm not good on a diet, eat too much junk at times and like to enjoy a few adult beverages on the weekend. I'm enjoying good basic nutrition and calorie counting right now thanks to this site. If there any others out there that are really knowledgable about sports nutrition please contact me. I have a hard time getting enough food while training-but I don't want to overeat.
I'm looking forward to talking with a lot of you out there.

Replies

• suzyc1212
    Options
    Hi everyone !
    What a great community of people are on this site! I give everyone great credit for all the support you give to eachother out there.
    I'm 45, married for 25 years, work full time, and a mother of 2 college age kids. Empty nest for the first time! I started getting into fitness when I turned 40. I got into cycling, joined a bike club and really enjoyed the people. I also started to get into triathlons and competed in my first international tri last April. I've always been about the same weight for years-but for the first time I see the effects of gravity showing! I'm not good on a diet, eat too much junk at times and like to enjoy a few adult beverages on the weekend. I'm enjoying good basic nutrition and calorie counting right now thanks to this site. If there any others out there that are really knowledgable about sports nutrition please contact me. I have a hard time getting enough food while training-but I don't want to overeat.
    I'm looking forward to talking with a lot of you out there.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome and enjoy the group:flowerforyou:
  • Newmein08
    Options
    Welcome suzyc1212:flowerforyou:
    For fitness endurance and general info. You might take a look at www.powerbar.com
    or www.burnthefat.com
    David
  • MLBfan18
    Options
    Sup, I'm just trying this out to see if it works, wish me luck.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    If you're going to get the best performance out of your body you need to take in the right fuel to and balance your work outs with strength training -- particularly the upper body for those sprints at the end. So, the beer and chips at the end of a good training session aren't disallowed but it helps to have some real food in there as well. This is probably not news to you by a long shot.

I've surfed the web for information just like this and have come up with the following that have provided some good general guidelines:

http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/hsnut/

http://www.gssiweb.com/

Unfortunately "gravity" is inevitable for all of us, particularly women, toning the muscles helps with weights but it won't necessarily save you from your genes.

Good Luck and I envy you
  • zmonster
    zmonster Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The web sites rheston posted are great! Thanks.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :smile:
  • suzyc1212
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for sending me some awesome websites on nutrition! I think I'm going to enjoy being in this forum! Great people!:heart: