Working out to burn more calories and eat more

Options
I have noticed that at the end of the day, I have reached my calorie limit and I go workout so that way I can come back and eat some more to make up for what I burned. I've noticed that I'm hungrier now and the 1200 calorie diet is not enough, so I work my butt off so I can gain another 200 calories so I can eat something that way I won't go to sleep starving. Is this ok?

Replies

• lifeinpink09
    lifeinpink09 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It's a personal decision. You just have to do what works for YOU and YOUR body. If making up the lost cals is what your body needs, then listen to it.
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hello, not sure if it is ok or not, but i can tell you that i do the same thing.. 1200 is not alot of calories. i try and make good food choices, but still go over most days..
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I usually eat them if I am hungry, and I usually am. Like the pp said it just depends on what works best for you. I've lost 16lbs eating back my cals, so it's working for me ;)
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Yes that's what I do also:) For instance, when I got home from work and fixed dinner, I was -219 calories in the hole lol. I worked out and gained that back plus a snack. I'm also on 1200 calories a day and my appetite has really increased big time especially since working out. You are on the right track:) From what I've learned on here, you should be eating back all your exercise calories or as close to it as you can get. At first I had a problem eating that much but not anymore. Best of luck to you:)
  • hgmoore44
    hgmoore44 Posts: 43
    Options
    If you are hungry you should eat. Otherwise your body will go into starvation mode. When you get hungry eat but eat a healthy snack like fruit or vegetables or something baked or broiled.
  • Deanolsen
    Deanolsen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I figure it is better for me to exercise more, for all the non-weight health reasons, than to have lower calorie intake for that day. My blood pressure is lower and my mind and spirit are calmer after exercise. I don't get the same benefits from just eating fewer calories on a given day. Still, I try and generally succeed in keeping my daily calories between what my doctor tells me is good (1800 per day) and what this program tells me (1520/day).
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Are all your numbers, activity level, etc set correctly? 1200 calories per day sounds rather low, which could explain why you feel extra hungry.
  • grulz
    grulz Posts: 15
    Options
    I do this so much! I will get to the afternoon and look at my count and think ahh thats not enough for dinner and then go for a run so i can eat more. i reckon its a good motivation to make me exercise more
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I was running into this situition myself. Actually sometimes I was eating the extra calories,without burning them first.
    I changed my goals to lose 1/2 a pound giving me an extra 120 calories. I am finding it a lot easier to curb my eating now knowing that I have extra cals.Sounds weird but I think half the food I eat or don't eat is psychological anyways.