Anyone currently using a fit bit charge with heart rate monitor?

Options
2»

Replies

• DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    DvlDwnInGA wrote: »
    I can tell you that if I were to eat at 500 calorie deficit daily and went by what my fitbit told me I burned, I would not be losing a pound a week.

The less you have to lose, the more slowly it comes off. That's just the way the human body works. If you're less than 50 lbs. overweight, you probably can't lose 1 lb. per week—with or without a Fitbit.

Set your goal to .5 lb. for every 25 lbs. you're overweight, enable negative calorie adjustments, and be patient.

Thanks, I have lost over 60 pounds using this sight and been an logging for a long time. I don't log my workouts, don't worry about how many calories I burned so I can eat more daily, I eat the same calories daily whether I burn 500 cals in the gym or sit on the couch watching tv.

I will stand by my original comment that I would be careful setting your tdee using a fitbit of any kind. Last year I had my fitbit and this site linked. It did not take me long to realize that was a bad idea.

Just giving another side to the fitbit argument for this thread, as everyone else here seems to think they work great. I personally have seen some of their limitations and I am just saying use caution.

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    DvlDwnInGA wrote: »
    Last year I had my fitbit and this site linked. It did not take me long to realize that was a bad idea.

Just giving another side to the fitbit argument for this thread, as everyone else here seems to think they work great. I personally have seen some of their limitations and I am just saying use caution.

I agree. That's why I said "trust your Fitbit for several weeks, then reevaluate your progress." All the burns & calorie counts are nothing but estimates, so it takes a whole lot of trial & error to find what works for each of us.
  • BitterSweetWinter
    BitterSweetWinter Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for your thoughts. I purchased one. I was lucky the sales lady had one and let me try hers on to see if the large fit. Now off the the gym..... hope I do this right.