snacks

Options
rcallbeck
rcallbeck Posts: 37 Member
Snacks are killing me (no, not literally) - at coffee time, I typically have a scone with jam or a muffin from my works cafeteria. Usually have a coffee or some other baked goods after lunch, and so on. Help! How do I curb my sweet and baked goods/refined sugars/so bad yet so good craving?!?:grumble:

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I get 100 calorie snack packs and have a cup of tea instead of a fatty/milky/sugary drink.
  • jennmurn
    jennmurn Posts: 2
    Options
    I put peanuts, raisen or craisens, and M&M's in snack bags. I have also started to put any sncak items into snack bags so I can take them with me and have a precalculated snack to eat. I am doing that with fruit as well.
  • ♥AngelKisses♥
    Options
    I swear my work cafeteria is evil and the layout of my office is set up against me. The smell of delicious fatty high sugar food lingers down the hall straight to my cubicle. NE ways the way I do it is I don't ever take cash to work. Keep me away from the cafeteria and snack machine. I am in love with Special K 90 cal bar. Chocolately pretzel one helps with my sugar/chocolate cravings around 3pm. And I plan ahead and pack my breakfast and lunch and take it with me. I also had to have my morning coffee when i walked into work. I recently switched to hot green tea and I really havent missed the coffee. Hope that helps. :smile:
  • rcallbeck
    rcallbeck Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    All great ideas - thank you. I've mostly stopped with drinking of soda (but not completely) and drink black coffee or water at work. I like the ideas of snack bags filled with goodies.. like dried fruit and nuts and that sort of thing. I guess I just need to get more organized.. :-)
  • bethy73
    bethy73 Posts: 39
    Options
    When I was at the grocery store yesterday I was in the cracker aisle and found these cracker sticks. Looking at the nutrition label, it said that there were 14 of them in one serving and 8 servings in a box, so I figured I'd divide them up into Ziploc bags and make my own "100 calorie" packs [or 120 calorie packs] for less. They're actually just the right amount for a snack. For a sweet tooth, my mom was showing me that Pop Tarts have little mini crisps that come in a little snack-sized bag. I'm not a big fan of the full-sized ones, but the tiny crisps are really good and have just the right amount of sweetness.

Good luck! I know just how tempting those delicious fatty pastries are and where my first choice would typically lie ... :wink:

~Beth
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Usually the more sugar you have the more you crave. I would suggest cutting the sugar and replacing it with high protien snacks like nuts. Also limit your grains to complex ones.