For those doing C25K

Options
Since it's 3 days per week - a day of rest for each .What types of exercise do you do on the days in-between? Just so that your legs don't get overworked.

Replies

• jcpeters13
    jcpeters13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I usually do strength training/weights. I'm a big fan of kettle-bell workouts!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I've done the elliptical on off days sometimes - it works your legs in different ways, without impact. Yoga to help stretch out those muscles. Weight lifting, to build strength - really helps with speed when you start thinking about that (don't worry about it at first, work on endurance, but don't let that stop you from strength training :-) ). Swimming is another great complimentary, non-impact workout.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I'm not actually doing C25K, but what I do is kinda like my own version of it. I do it every day now, and usually just take a rest day when I need to. But when I first started I only did it every other day, and I would usually do Yoga and Dumbbell workouts or sometimes used the elliptical on my days off.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I ride my stationary bike on my off days. I can watch a TV show on Hulu while doing it, something I can't do while running. :laugh:
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day Shred and one day of BFBM and the Biggest Loser Cardio Max. Also, I take Muay Thai which is kickboxing. I am on week 2 of C25k. I started it before and got to week 4 but did not finish because I was busy with school. So I started over last week.
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm doing C25K along with Chalean Extreme. Its been working out pretty well because chalean is mostly weights, although it does have some cardio as well
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I do spin class, yoga, weights, a light run....it just varies. I am not super consistent with the C25K program so it is taking me a looong time to complete it. :)
  • QUETA2212
    QUETA2212 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    On off days I do Zumba! I just started and Iam trying to lose 4 lbs by June 1st so hopefully I will make this goal I am excited to get my hair done!
  • SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    :
    On off days I do Zumba! I just started and Iam trying to lose 4 lbs by June 1st so hopefully I will make this goal I am excited to get my hair done!

Thank you all ! I did billy bootcamp yesterday and my legs were so sore today.:sick: ..I even considered not doing the C25K
    Yoga and Zumba sound good ...I may do some abs too..these love handles ..i'm telling ya....rrggg.:grumble: ...lol

again thanks !!:flowerforyou:
  • DavidJPerkins
    DavidJPerkins Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    DO NOT GIVE UP! Do a cross train of what you feel best doing. Mine is eliptical and rows or some weights. repeat a week in the C25K program if ya need to as well, but dont give up. I so was like,,,, "Run for 1.5 Min? Whaaaa?" now I am like 5 min run ? "no Prob", if you have any leg pains look at shoes or shin socks,,, helps me through the first weeks.

Peace ;o}~