2weeks in and seeing results.

Options
cpeak1
cpeak1 Posts: 9 Member
Started mfp 15 days ago and so far 10 lbs. down and 33 to go . I have a handle on my intake now and I'm gonna step up workouts tomorrow. Just gotta keep on driving on.
Thanks mfp.
Also gonna do before pic and initial measurements soon .

Replies

• MN1013
    MN1013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cpeak1, congratulations! That is awesome! I am wondering what you are doing to lose weight? I need to lose 50 lbs. I try for a few days then give up. I need a starting point....any suggestions?
  • KaylaZielinski1
    KaylaZielinski1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrat's cpeak1! That is great success in 15 days! MN1013, I suggest starting small goals for yourself. So instead of saying 'I have to lost 50 pounds!', try telling yourself that you need to lose 5-10 pounds at a time. Do you get it? :) I found that helped me a bit in the past and is helping again now. The number isn't so large and not as scary.
  • MN1013
    MN1013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you Kayla :)
  • FreshStartForMyself
    FreshStartForMyself Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    MN1013 wrote: »
    Cpeak1, congratulations! That is awesome! I am wondering what you are doing to lose weight? I need to lose 50 lbs. I try for a few days then give up. I need a starting point....any suggestions?

Yeah - don't give up! Log everything you eat accurately. You have to give it time, be patient :)

OP, congrats on your progress! Keep it up! :smiley:
  • KaylaZielinski1
    KaylaZielinski1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are so very welcome! I also have a total of at least 50 pounds to lose, but keeping that mind set is so much easier.
  • cpeak1
    Options
    Thanks for support and I am just really motivated . I was in excellent shape when I was in U.S Army , but I kind of got lazy and now I'm kickin myself in the *kitten* . Anyway I'm just entering everything and if I get close to limit I just don't eat anymore that day. Also protein shakes keep energy up and are healthy. I also am very active at work so I burn quite a few calories just working. Thanks again and we can all do this.
  • txgurl3
    txgurl3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm always accepting friend requests from motivational and inspirational people, so feel free to add me!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress!
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    MN1013 wrote: »

first and foremost I started with my dietary choices and establishing habits there. Then slowly added in exercise like walking with my babies, spinning, things like that.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Off to a great start!

Take the pictures!! I so wish I had taken pics when I started. I didn't know I was going to be losing a bunch of weight or I might've.

Your weight loss might slow down. There is this weird phenomenon for many of us where it comes off really quickly at first and then slows down to the 1-2 pounds (give or take) a week. But all progress is still progress! Don't give up if it seems like it's not coming off as fast. :)
  • cpeak1
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice and support .I appreciate it a lot , and sorry if I didn't respond to some of your posts but I'm still tryin to figure out this forum and how it works and all. If any of you would like to add me as friend just ask. Thanks again.
  • cpeak1
    Options
    I think I accidentally rejected a friend request from one of you and did not mean to so ask again and I'll add ya . Oops