Should I log work?

Options
I know that if you work an active job, you should set your activity level to "lightly active" rather than sedentary. Problem is, I only work part time, but I'm on my feet the whole shift (I work behind the desk at a gym). I find myself absolutely ravenous after work, and I just don't have enough calories left. Should I be logging calories burned at work? How would you go about doing that?

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I just change my goals to lightly active on the days I work,and back the next day.
    Or you can see what the calorie difference between your sedentary and lightly active goals are and add it as exercise so when you look back through your diary it will be reflected.
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options
    Many people set this to sedentary and then just log in work as exercise. I guess it could work well enough... I actually have this set to sedentary but don't log in work at all, that way my deficit is larger :smile:
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you have your activity level set to sedentary, then I'd definitely figure out the difference between active and sedentary, divide by 24 hours and then multiply by the number of hours of your shift. You can create your own exercise and call it "Work" and use it after every shift.
  • Manda1987
    Manda1987 Posts: 207
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • jeharris16
    jeharris16 Posts: 12
    Options
    I agree with Azuleelan. I have set my level to sedentary and anything extra I do outside of my daily workouts is just extra calories burned. I don't like to log everything because if I see the extra calories I have, I may tend to use them. However if you are finding yourself extremely hungry after work then maybe you should change your activity level. If you have already done that, I suggest choosing "light cleaning" "or Vigorous cleaning" depending on how much you actually move around at work.