need to lose weight! Meal ideas

Options
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I'm also trying to lose weight so to fill me up I try to have all the nutrients I can get.
My breakfasts consist of one egg and a piece of toast with a mango and banana.
Any other suggestions?
I'm really trying to lose weight 10 pounds

Replies

• sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    eggs, eggs, eggs, omelette with salmon or peppers, scrambled, boiled, poached, fantastic. alternatives; porridge with blueberries, or peanut butter on toast,
    losing the 10lbs is about a calorific deficit, so get weighing & logging, good luck :)
  • CassandraMathers2015
    Options
    What should I avoid? I know I need to avoid break and sugar but anything else? Like eating past 12?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Personally I think that's too much fruit for breakfast, though opinions will differ! I'd have the mango or the banana, but not both. How do you cook the egg - could you make a scramble or omelette with some added veg, like mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is not a special time to eat. Some of us eat our first meal in the afternoon.
    Here is a good meal any time of day:

-> For 350 calories, one could have two eggs cooked in one teaspoon oil, smoked salmon, argugula (or other green) and ¼ avocado.

pzg86i1o0wwo.jpg
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    There's no need to cut out any foods or try to eat at certain times. ALL that matters for weight loss is a calorie deficit. No need to cut out sugar or bread (which is what I assume you meant to say when you wrote 'break'), no need to avoid eating at certain times. You could eat all your calories just before bed if you wanted and lose weight just fine. Eat what you want, when you want, as long as you're in your calories you'll lose weight. Obviously nutrition is another matter, you want to hit your macros, but you don't need to cut anything out completely. In fact doing so will probably only cause more problems in the long run.
  • HelloImAnthony
    HelloImAnthony Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @CassandraMathers2015 Hi, how are you? I have a few recipes for you.

Potato wedges
    -cut 2 potatoes into wedges
    -in a bowl, put the following ingredients:
    -potato wedges
    -pour 1 tablespoon of oil
    -parmesan cheese (finely grated)
    -set toaster to 400(f) degrees
    -cook for 30 to 40 minutes
    -enjoy!

Cheese and egg tortilla
    -in a skillet, put it on low temp.
    -place tortilla on skillet for 1 minute.
    -flip tortilla.
    -place shredded cheese on tortilla.
    -after one minute, move tortilla on plate.
    -cook 2 scrambled eggs or an omelette.
    -place cooked eggs on the tortilla with shredded cheese on top.
    - enjoy!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    All things, in moderation. Avoid nothing.
  • Whiskeytub
    Whiskeytub Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Rice and beans are a nice filling breakfast. A small portion with either an egg or a fraction (I do 1/4 or 1/3) of avocado on top. And of course a little blop of sour cream and some hot sauce. You can have this for 300-450 calories depending on portion size.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Options
    There's no need to cut out any foods or try to eat at certain times. ALL that matters for weight loss is a calorie deficit. No need to cut out sugar or bread (which is what I assume you meant to say when you wrote 'break'), no need to avoid eating at certain times. You could eat all your calories just before bed if you wanted and lose weight just fine. Eat what you want, when you want, as long as you're in your calories you'll lose weight. Obviously nutrition is another matter, you want to hit your macros, but you don't need to cut anything out completely. In fact doing so will probably only cause more problems in the long run.

All of this. Stuff like meal timing and meal frequency are pretty irrelevant weight loss but a little more relevant for training.

Also, what are your stats (height, weight), what is your workout program, are you active outside of exercise and do you have any medical conditions? Essentially, if that is a current picture, I suspect you are trying to "tone up" which there will be a different focus.