Dreaming of the perfect body just ain't enough !

Hey, I have been signed up to MFP for years over many accounts in the hope that that is the time I will dig deep and find the motivation that I need to lose weight or even eat healthier. Each time "falling of the wagon" and making myself feel worse than I did before. Here I am again aiming for my goal and through hard work, self discipline and taking it day at a time lets see if I can make the impossible, Possible !

Replies

• Pkaii
    Pkaii Posts: 8 Member
    Sounds like me. Always on a scheme to lose weight and never even made it past 1 week.
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Falling off the wagon and not making it past one week both sound like the result of biting off more than you can chew. Don't think of it as a scheme, but as a lifestyle change. For your own sake, focus on making changes you sincerely believe you can stick with for the rest of your life. Little things really add up over time. It should also be easier to establish new habits if you introduce only one or two at a time. Total makeover looks good on TV but doesn't work as well in real life.

You can do this!
  • drywall_painter
    drywall_painter Posts: 321 Member
    I try to think of just making it through 1 day, then another and another etc. I can't think of the end goal right now, it seems too hard and overwhelming, my only goal is 1 day after another.
  • sharonfinley37
    sharonfinley37 Posts: 3 Member
    Try not changing things drastically. Make small changes every week. Once you've gotten into a new habit of eating, allow yourself one cheat meal a week. That one cheat meal can help to keep you from falling off all together.