Lunch ideas - 400 calories or less

Options
Hi, I would love to hear some low cal lunch ideas. I need to try some new meals. Thanks!!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    you have two posts quite similar and they both have the same answers...

there is a recipe section in the forums for new food ideas.

As well google or look on FB....prelog/add the recipe and see if it's within your desired range.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Chicken Cacciatore, Rice and Mixed leaves

Vegetable stew, rice and cheddar

Ham salad sandwich with mustard and mayonnaise and a greek 0% fat yogurt and berries

400 is a decent amount - what can't you eat really?

Salmon Fishcakes with salad

Salad Nicoise with fresh tuna, anchovies, olives, capers, egg, potatoes ommnommnommm

Jacket potato and cottage cheese / beans etc

See skinnytaste.com/ for a good range of recipes

I like Innocent veg pots (now Bol) over a big bed of mixed salad leaves .. particularly the Thai Coconut Curry and the Sri Lankan Lentil Sambar

• ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Chicken or Tuna Salad and a Bread Roll
    Tuna Pasta
    Cheese on Toast with Ham or Bacon and a bowl of Soup
    Homemade Burger with Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Need more info. Are you making your lunch at home, or taking it to work? Do you have access to a microwave and fridge?

My lunches tend to be based around salads, but I'm pretty creative about what goes in them so it never gets boring!
  • Dawn410
    Dawn410 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of salads at lunch, but that's because I love salad. I also eat soup quite a bit. but you can have anything, just eat 400 calories worth.
  • Elisabuffy19
    Elisabuffy19 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly at home. Thank you all!
  • jessicaknapp21
    jessicaknapp21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I always take salads to work for lunch. If I'm in a hurry, I'll take a 200-300 calorie diet meal. Though, they're high in carbs. :(. Still delicious!
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i pack a lunch for work everyday: a fruit , a serving of veggie (usually baby carrots), and a sandwich on 35 cal/slice light bread, heavy on the protein (alternate egg salad, tuna, turkey, chicken, chicken salad, etc). Same lunch as my mom always packed when I was in school. (never ate school lunch. yuck!). There's still plenty of room for an afternoon snack - i pack those too. I found containers where everything fits in one nicely without squishing the sandwich. To drink - when cold lots of tea. When hot - i like the true lemon lemonade (10 cal), or just squeeze a lemon or lime into a bottle of water with mint leaves. I like to keep more calories available for dinner, since i'm a night owl and am easily awake 6 hours after dinner.
  • Sam_Lam88
    Sam_Lam88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My go-to lunch has been a few hardboiled eggs, some cherry tomatoes, some baby carrots, a little ranch...maybe a fruit cup if I'm still hungry.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What I'm eating the next few days:

2 boiled eggs
    1/2 cup 4% fat cottage cheese
    102 g radishes
    95 g carrots
    1 T ranch dressing

379 calories