Losing motivation :-(

KickButtKim05
KickButtKim05 Posts: 2 Member
edited September 27 in Motivation and Support
I lost 16 pounds, and within the last week or two I have no motivation to exercise or go to the gym. I love seeing results, but I stopped seeing them and I guess I gave up. Anyone have any revamped idea to kick my butt and get me going again, and show results?

Replies

• Emmie120
    Emmie120 Posts: 7
    GET TO IT MISSY!!! U are doing FANTSTIC right now! 16lbs is awesome!!! If you have kept it up this long and you have been working ur butt off till now...why on EARTH!!! would u stop now! Imagine if u kept going huh? lol Keep going girl! u got it! :)
  • Just dust yourself off and get back on the saddle!! :) Pick one ultimate reason why you want to get fit and healthy and post that EVERYWHERE! Have constant reminders to push you! Make small mini goals and give yourself rewards each time you reach them! This is just a little side step in your journey! Get back on track and keep on trucking! You are doing fantastic!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    u just gotta do it..if you want results
  • 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    When I feel that way I check out the success stories here at MFP - so many transformations! They really inspire me to keep working hard. And, if going to the gym isn't your thing right now - find something else that you enjoy. Running outside, a DVD, working out with a friend. Mix it up!
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Then dont go to the gym. Find something else you like doing that is fun but still exercise. Try going for a walk, skipping rope, wii fit or other "games", zumba - anything to get moving again. Good luck sometimes motivation is hard to come by. :smile:
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Thanks for posting this. It's how I was feeling a couple days ago when I lost no weight in two weeks. I've been at this for a long time, and motivation is just one of those things that comes and goes sometimes..like results. If you stick with it and push through your "blah" feelings, you WILL get motivated again because you'll start seeing more results. Trust me. Keep it up because you'll regret it if you don't. Feel free to add me, as well. We can help motivate each other :smile:
  • a_dawn
    a_dawn Posts: 47
    I know how it is, but you've got to keep up the good work. Try to picture the end result you want. I got a new bathing suit for my birthday that I want to fit into and look good in and I keep that hanging up where I can see it so that if I lose my motivation, I look at it and remember what I'm working towards. I also have a picture of me at my biggest and one at my smallest that I have taped up on my bathroom mirror. Sometimes if you have a visual reminder of what your goal is, it will help. Good luck!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Maybe you need to come up with some other ways to measure success - if the only reason you go to the gym is to lose weight, then it's easy to lose motivation when the scale doesn't move - but if you look at the way your muscles are getting more sculpted, or the way your endurance is improving, or the way it's helping you manage stress, you'll see more 'results' and have more reason to keep it up. Once you reach your weight goal, what's going to keep you working out? Because you'll need to to keep off the weight permanently, but you can't rely on the scale to provide continual motivation. It has to become part of your lifestyle.
  • kimmyr1989
    kimmyr1989 Posts: 7
    have a day or two off, eat what ever you like, stuff yourself if you want, relax, get some rest as it might just be ur body telling u that ur tired and overdoing it (feeling that way today after ~48lbs lost)!make a set date to get back in to it no excuses and then ease back into it doing some things that u like doing, take a class at the gym or mix it up a little bit rather than the same old boring workouts u got sick of in the first place

keep up the hard work :)
  • 33nessy
    33nessy Posts: 104
    Maybe you need to come up with some other ways to measure success - if the only reason you go to the gym is to lose weight, then it's easy to lose motivation when the scale doesn't move - but if you look at the way your muscles are getting more sculpted, or the way your endurance is improving, or the way it's helping you manage stress, you'll see more 'results' and have more reason to keep it up. Once you reach your weight goal, what's going to keep you working out? Because you'll need to to keep off the weight permanently, but you can't rely on the scale to provide continual motivation. It has to become part of your lifestyle.

soooooo agree with this. well said! im still learning to do this its hard when the scales stay still or worse u gain :( just keep going though think where u would be in 6months if u give up now as opposed to sticking with it in 6months....id rather lose 7kgs in 6months that gain 10 cos id given up
  • KickButtKim05,

First, don't try and do it alone. I see your profile is lacking friends. Find some, add some, talk with them and let them talk with you. Nothing helps more than knowing you're not the only one out there.

Second, focus on your strength. I know you have it...just read your username! That's awesome!

Lastly, start small. I always looked at my weight loss as an 85 lbs weight I needed to life off my shoulders in one *UMPH*! Wrong. I now take small walks...12 minutes around the work parking lot (.6 miles, burns 60 cals). It's not a lot (no pun intended), but I get out, listen to my music and have some *me* time. In fact, it's 9:30pm and I think I'll go for one now. Care to join me? Anyone else wanna go?

--MR

--MR
  • KickButtKim05
    KickButtKim05 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks everyone for the GREAT advice. I think I am just bored with the routine. And starving for real food! I called up my personal trainer and we are gonna meet so she can get me back on track. Everybody on here is so inspirational! I need to get off my butt and go at it again. And stay with it this time.
This discussion has been closed.