Please HELP

Options
Will someone look at some of my diary entry's and tell me why I can't lose any weight....thank you

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    No need to look at your diary; you're not eating less than you are burning.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    It is most likely due to the high amounts of sugar in your diet, sugar is the main cause of fat.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    amyr271 wrote: »
    It is most likely due to the high amounts of sugar in your diet, sugar is the main cause of fat.

LOL no.

Sugar does not cause fat. Excess calories do. You may want to do a little more research.

OP- check out the flow chart that PeachyCarol posted. Are you using a food scale to weigh your food and are you eating exercise calories back? Also, I noticed nothing logged for Saturday and Sunday. Were you still tracking your calories?
  • drkhoax
    drkhoax Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Steph, did you put that you are sedentary? Or that your job involves moving a lot?
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert at all but looking at your diary, it seems like you don't log consistently & you eat pretty much only processed food. maybe start to log everything including weighing it & going for a bit more wholesome options?
  • Azexas
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah no...

OP from what I can see you don't use a food scale,
    You don't log consistently everyday
    Protein and fats are very low (they help keep you feeling fuller longer)
    a lot of your entries are suspect for correctness...

So yah you are probably eating more than you think..

Buy a food scale, log everyday, get more protein since you are such a low calorie goal and check the entries.

Don't use homemade entries unless you've made it, make sure all nutrient values are there...etc.

• drkhoax
    drkhoax Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @yeahfatty I didn't realize she wasn't logging on weekends - that may be why. If you are drinking alcohol and stuff on the weekends, and not caring (You may) - it may be the issue as well.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Well you seem to be under your calorie goal every day so you should be losing. But what's happening on weekends? You could be eating 5000 calories of donuts every Saturday night but if you're not logging it only you know if that's what's going on.
  • Kennethxyz
    Kennethxyz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What's up with not logging from friday after breakfast - monday morning? That is probably the problem! Also you dont seem to be weighing your food, do this!
  • stephanienicole1983
    stephanienicole1983 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat well on the weekends...but normally I scan everything I eat with the barcode..I try to Stay at my 1200 during the week..and I put sedatary life when it asked...I feel like I'm not eating already but calories show I'm getting the 1200
  • Azexas
    Options
    I usually don't eat well on the weekends...but normally I scan everything I eat with the barcode..I try to Stay at my 1200 during the week..and I put sedatary life when it asked...I feel like I'm not eating already but calories show I'm getting the 1200

Do you use a food scale or not?
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    You've got a lot of things like 1 medium banana, 1 apple, 1 cup, etc. If you're not losing weight it's probably because things like this are more calories than you expect because you're not weighing them.

So, as others have said, start weighing everything!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Stop watching Fed Up and believing that trash of a documentary.
  • stephanienicole1983
    Options
    No I don't weigh my food..I just assumed using the barcode would help..I always feel hungry but am not seeing results..I haven't even saw options on how to log weighed food
  • Azexas
    Options
    No I don't weigh my food..I just assumed using the barcode would help..I always feel hungry but am not seeing results..I haven't even saw options on how to log weighed food

You're eating more than you think. Buy a food scale. You can get one on Amazon for around $10-15.
  • stephanienicole1983
    Options
    Thanks. .what about exersise..
  • Azexas
    Options

If you are eating your exercise calories back only eat 50-60% back. The burns tend to be over inflated.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Well you don't need it to lose weight.