Please HELP

Options

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    No I don't weigh my food..I just assumed using the barcode would help..I always feel hungry but am not seeing results..I haven't even saw options on how to log weighed food

In the drop down for serving size when you enter the food it'll have an option for 1 gram or 100 grams, you use that. If the entry you're using doesn't have an option for grams, either find one that does or work out the calories yourself using the calories per 100g info on the packet. If you're eating something that doesn't come in a packet with nutritional info (such as fruit), there are usually generic options with grams.

For exercise just make sure you're not overestimating your exercise calories if you eat them back. Most people eat back 50-80% of their exercise calories as exercise machines and MFP tend to overestimate the calories burnt.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I think your last post said it all - "I usually don't eat well on the weekends" - any calorie deficit you make during the week can easily be undone with a bad day or two on the weekends!
  • stephanienicole1983
    stephanienicole1983 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone..was just getting frustrated not seeing results and feeling like I was starving
  • Kennethxyz
    Kennethxyz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat well on the weekends...
    What does that mean? You eat too many kcal? Or you don't eat enough?

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone..was just getting frustrated not seeing results and feeling like I was starving

Up your protein and fat intake. That will keep you fuller longer.
  • stephanienicole1983
    Options
    I eat Like crap on the weekends...
    I've been trying the kellogs protein shakes to up my protein
  • Azexas
    Options
    Chicken
    Tuna
    Eggs
    Greek Yogurt
    Beef jerky
    Cheese
    Protein bars (quest or musclepharm are my personal favorites)
    ^^Protein sources I can think of off the top of my head

Nuts have a good amount of fats to them
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

So make better choices on the weekend.

• stephanienicole1983
    Options
    Thank you
    time to really buckle down. ..
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

I'm pretty new to all this but I think the weekends are a big part of the problem. One "crappy" weekend could possibly undo a week of dedication to counting calories. Whatever it is on the weekend that you really want to eat, don't cut that out entirely. Plan for it instead. So for instance if I know we're going to get pizza on Saturday night, and I know I love a cold beer with pizza, I'll enter calories for two slices plus the beer right into my tracker while I'm drinking my morning coffee. Then I work backwards with what's left. So breakfast might be an egg white omelet with one whole egg and tons of vegetables in it. And lunch would probably be a big salad with some form of protein, like maybe chicken breast or tuna. Also I would be sure to get in some exercise calories that day.

Doing that means that I can still have my pizza and beer and not go over by too many calories.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

I'm pretty new to all this but I think the weekends are a big part of the problem. One "crappy" weekend could possibly undo a week of dedication to counting calories. Whatever it is on the weekend that you really want to eat, don't cut that out entirely. Plan for it instead. So for instance if I know we're going to get pizza on Saturday night, and I know I love a cold beer with pizza, I'll enter calories for two slices plus the beer right into my tracker while I'm drinking my morning coffee. Then I work backwards with what's left. So breakfast might be an egg white omelet with one whole egg and tons of vegetables in it. And lunch would probably be a big salad with some form of protein, like maybe chicken breast or tuna. Also I would be sure to get in some exercise calories that day.

Doing that means that I can still have my pizza and beer and not go over by too many calories.

Or you can have pizza and beer and stay within your calorie limit.
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Lol, that's kind of what I meant. But sometimes I do go over by a bit and I'm not going to worry about that because I'm figuring the exercise will cancel it out. :) I try to be as accurate as I can with my food entries, but I'm not taking MFP's exercise calories totally seriously because I think it exaggerates. I've lost 8 pounds so far so it's working.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Lol, that's kind of what I meant. But sometimes I do go over by a bit and I'm not going to worry about that because I'm figuring the exercise will cancel it out. :) I try to be as accurate as I can with my food entries, but I'm not taking MFP's exercise calories totally seriously because I think it exaggerates. I've lost 8 pounds so far so it's working.

MFP does do that.

• cmoorofum
    cmoorofum Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    So I looked at your dairy and you are way over on your sugar. Sugar stores fat especially in your stomach. I am over alot on my sugar also but never by to much. I drink a redbull and a slimfast a day and that puts me over on my sugar. I also dont see any water intake. What do you drink? Is it soft drinks? If it is thats your major issue there. I cut out cokes and anything else except redbull and it has helped me soo much. I crave water now instead of soft drinks. I would increase my water intake and decrease my sugar. Stop all snacks, like the doughnuts.... Be very strict for at least a month and you will see weight lose. If you are hungry in between meals eat a piece of gum and drink water. Its hard in the beginning but once you get through the month of strict dieting it will be easier for you. I started off with 1 slim fast for morning snack, 1 lean cuisine meal for lunch, and nothing but water. Also, for dinner I had a protein shake and maybe some salmon. It works trust me! Of course if you go over on your calories then go to the gym and make sure you work off the extra amount of calories that you went over. If you didnt go over that is even better. This is basically all a math game! Stay under your calories and log everyyyyything! Have one cheat meal on the weekend so you dont burn out and I wouldnt start my cheat meals until after a month of strict dieting. If I did it YOU can do it! Trust me... OH NO FAST FOOD @ all!!!
  • Azexas
    edited June 2015
    Options
    cmoorofum wrote: »
    So I looked at your dairy and you are way over on your sugar. Sugar stores fat especially in your stomach. I am over alot on my sugar also but never by to much. I drink a redbull and a slimfast a day and that puts me over on my sugar. I also dont see any water intake. What do you drink? Is it soft drinks? If it is thats your major issue there. I cut out cokes and anything else except redbull and it has helped me soo much. I crave water now instead of soft drinks. I would increase my water intake and decrease my sugar. Stop all snacks, like the doughnuts.... Be very strict for at least a month and you will see weight lose. If you are hungry in between meals eat a piece of gum and drink water. Its hard in the beginning but once you get through the month of strict dieting it will be easier for you. I started off with 1 slim fast for morning snack, 1 lean cuisine meal for lunch, and nothing but water. Also, for dinner I had a protein shake and maybe some salmon. It works trust me! Of course if you go over on your calories then go to the gym and make sure you work off the extra amount of calories that you went over. If you didnt go over that is even better. This is basically all a math game! Stay under your calories and log everyyyyything! Have one cheat meal on the weekend so you dont burn out and I wouldnt start my cheat meals until after a month of strict dieting. If I did it YOU can do it! Trust me... OH NO FAST FOOD @ all!!!

I stopped reading at the bolded. This is incorrect. Sugar does not store as fat. Excess calories do regardless of where they are from. And genetics dictates where you will store the fat on your body.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Sugar doesn't store as fat unless you eat more than you burn. The OP hasn't been accurately logging her food, so that's why she isn't losing. Also, there's nothing wrong with fast food in moderation.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

It depresses me that people still recommend this sort of approach. No sugar? No fast food? I'd give up in a week.
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options

It depresses me that people still recommend this sort of approach. No sugar? No fast food? I'd give up in a week.

I will give up sugar when they pry the sugar bowl from my cold, dead hands.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

there is more ridiculous advice in this one post than I may have ever seen in one place before!!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

there is more ridiculous advice in this one post than I may have ever seen in one place before!!!

Oh, it can get worse than this...just stick around