vegetarian n00b runner(:

Options
Hi.
My name is Eloise.
I am a mommy to a wonderful boy.
I run in the sunshine of soCal.
I have been a vegetarian on and off this year but i'm sticking with it for good now.
*I do have a piece of fish once a week, if i feel up to it.*
I have already lost about 70 pounds.
I have 40-70 more pounds to go.

I'd love to make some friends on here.
Who wants to go through this wonderful lifestyle change alone?

Replies

• Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm a vegetarian too, have been for five years. I run also, add me if you like :)
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on the 70lbs! Is it because you became a vegetarian? I've been staying away from dairy products recently and I think my body digs that. Welcome to mfp =)
  • FreshFit_Eloise
    Options
    The latest twenty have dropped off after I made the switch.
    The first fifty was just from not continuing to binge or eat fast food or drink soda.
  • mldoiron1
    mldoiron1 Posts: 16
    Options
    Just sent a request!
    I was a vegetarian for about a year but had a hard time dealing with it in a college dining hall!
    Good luck =)
  • Calorie_Ninja
    Calorie_Ninja Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian also and have been for 16 years. Awesome weight loss so far! Feel free to add me! =)
  • RoseCoreling
    RoseCoreling Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Heyyyyy I'm a vegetarian and a runner too! I've been a vegetarian for going on 15 years now and I love to run. Way to go on dropping 70lbs!!!! Always love sharing some veg recipes too so add me if you want :)
  • teacherdeb
    teacherdeb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also a runner. I was vegan for many years, then added dairy - vegetarian for about 15 years, and then I started eating meat again - long story. However, I have just read the book, Eat to Live, and I'm planning to go back to vegetarian eating - convincing my hubby is a bit of a challenge, but it's definitely the way I prefer to eat, and I KNOW it's healthier! Add me as a friend if you'd like.