Losing Weight in College

Options
I need some advice on low-calorie drinks for when I go out with friends. I am determined to reach my goal weight by the end of the summer, but it does not help when my friends want me to go to the bars with them every week. I have tried mixing vodka with low-calorie mixers like crystal light packets. Other ideas??

Replies

• biijou22
    biijou22 Posts: 1
    Options
    What I did was at the bars Id get vodka sodas and then ask for extra lime, the lime juice takes a way the strong alcohol taste. Also I live off these waters from walmart, hyvee, and schnucks they are the fizzy waters. I would get peach vodka and mix it with the peach flavored kind of fizzy water. tastes pretty good.
  • JennaLee1486
    JennaLee1486 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    There's a cucumber vodka that is used in bloody marys, get just the vodka with water and lemon and limes. Squeeze the juices into it. It's really good and tastes like the cucumber water they serve in really fancy spas (please note I've only been to one such spa in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    see if they keep any of the light beers in bottles in the bar (Corona Light is like 110 calories or something like that). I try to get something strong that I don't really like (so nothing fruity) that way I'll only have one because I will drink it slowly.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Vodka with seltzer/soda and lemons and/or limes is probably the best thing you could get. Stay away from anything with juice. If you need more flavor, get something with Diet Coke like a rum and diet or Jack Daniels and diet.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Just have water or a diet soda... and be the DD. There is nothing saying you HAVE to drink, especially if you're not comfortable with drinking extra (empty) calories.
  • jcpeters13
    jcpeters13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A crown & 7 is around 200 calories. My fav, but I only ever have one and I don't drink that often. Good luck! You could always just order something non-alcoholic (water, diet coke, etc)
  • ponchita08
    ponchita08 Posts: 16
    Options
    OMG I am going through the same problem. I usually just stick to whiskey/diet coke. light beers are okay but they aren't great calorie wise. I also try and dance my *kitten* off when I go out to help burn off some of the alcohol calories! Best of luck!
  • maryestephens
    Options
    OMG I am going through the same problem. I usually just stick to whiskey/diet coke. light beers are okay but they aren't great calorie wise. I also try and dance my *kitten* off when I go out to help burn off some of the alcohol calories! Best of luck!

Trying to dance the calories off and then walking home instead of a taxi.... for sure!!! :D
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    ^ Same here with the dancing thing! I tend to not really be too careful about what I drink, as long as I've exercised that day and do some dancing wherever I am!
  • cdskates
    cdskates Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Drinking the calories isn't gonna absolutely kill your goal...as long as it's not like every night. Drinking water with it would help keep the calories from stickin too long. Moderation's always key, even though it's not nearly as fun.