ugh.

Options
Anyone else feel like they are just at the end of their big, fat, disgusting fat-a*s rope? Mine is about to break.

Replies

• JennaLee1486
    JennaLee1486 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Now why would you feel that way when you've lost 20lbs? You obviously ROCK! =)
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    But you look fabulous in your profile photo! Can I be at the end of your rope if I get to look like that?? :) Chin up!
  • delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I do :(
  • marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I do :(

:( im sorry. What a horrible feeling...
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I do! I need so much motivation right now! I am having such a hard time right now....
  • marchegt
    Options
    Now why would you feel that way when you've lost 20lbs? You obviously ROCK! =)

I appreciate that you think I rock... definitely makes me feel slightly better. However, I've been at this for a year and a half. I somehow manage to think I look disgusting at 5'6 and 128, yet cannot muster up the motivation to lose another 8lbs. Feeling like a fat, fat failure.
  • marchegt
    Options
    I do! I need so much motivation right now! I am having such a hard time right now....

Awh my darling, I'm so sorry. I know how it feels. Add me as a friend if you want. I would never want anyone to feel the way I feel so I will work to make you feel better and beautiful!
  • marchegt
    Options
    But you look fabulous in your profile photo! Can I be at the end of your rope if I get to look like that?? :) Chin up!

Thank you so much. I guess it is all our own perspective? Can never have what we want, and always want what we cannot have! You are lovely by the way :) Your comment is greatly appreciated!
  • Missy123556
    Missy123556 Posts: 80
    Options
    from your profile pic, you look AWESOME! If I saw you in a club I'd probably automatically hate you for being a hottie!
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Maybe just take a break from trying to lose weight for a few months and just maintain. At some point you'll probably get the motivation to lose the weight when you're ready to.
  • marchegt
    Options
    from your profile pic, you look AWESOME! If I saw you in a club I'd probably automatically hate you for being a hottie!

BAHA. I know how it feels to hate those girls, so thank you! What a kind comment. :)
  • marchegt
    Options
    Maybe just take a break from trying to lose weight for a few months and just maintain. At some point you'll probably get the motivation to lose the weight when you're ready to.

That's true. Might help a little with the emotions! Thanks for the advice :)
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    your BMI is 20. That's 2 below the actual recommended healthy level. Why do you want to lose more?
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to lose 8 more pounds?

I think sometimes people choose an inappropriate weight goal because they confuse weight and shape. If there is something about your body that is displeasing to you, it may not be an issue of weight at all! It may be that your workouts need to change in some fashion, or you may be cursing something that can't be changed.

I think at this point, I'd try changing up the training plan to focus more on muscle building for a few months and see if that resolves whatever issue you're feeling with your body. I think it's more likely to get you the results you seek than if you tried to lose more lbs.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    your BMI is 20. That's 2 below the actual recommended healthy level. Why do you want to lose more?
    BMI should be from 18-25 so it's on the low side of "healthy" rather than underweight. Pretty much perfect and where I expect a lot of us would love to be!
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    BMI should be from 18-25 so it's on the low side of "healthy" rather than underweight. Pretty much perfect and where I expect a lot of us would love to be!

I know that but 22 is seen as the ideal. People with a BMI of 22 reportedly get ill less, have balanced metabolisms and dropping another 8lbs will only take her to 19.36 anyway. Hardly worth the effort as it could make her less healthy than she is now.

Quote from WHO

The ideal BMI, according to some studies, is between 21 and 22 (Matsuzawa et al., 1990). This is associated with lower risk for cardiovascular disease (Ashton, Nanchahal, & Wood, 2000). According to the World Health Organization, "...approximately 58% of diabetes and 21% of ischaemic heart disease and 8-42% of certain cancers globally were attributed to a BMI above 21 kg/m^2" (World Health Organization, 2009, para. 16). Women with a BMI of 22 have been involved with other studies which have measured the correlation between BMI and medical expenses, and the results are pretty astounding. According to a 1997 study, women with an ideal BMI (22) have annual health care costs that are 6.3% to 36.1% lower than average; men who have an ideal BMI pay 3.6% to 18.2% less per year for health-related expenses (Heithoff, Cuffel, Kennedy, & Peters).
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I know that but 22 is seen as the ideal. People with a BMI of 22 reportedly get ill less, have balanced metabolisms and dropping another 8lbs will only take her to 19.36 anyway. Hardly worth the effort as it could make her less healthy than she is now.
    Agreed but it is still healthy so hardly worth gaining any!

Apparently BMI of 22 is also most attractive to men...that's how I picked my goal weight! ; )
  • teetees40
    teetees40 Posts: 30
    Options
    :ohwell: I feel your pain - but I'm trying to remain optimistic! I've been on this for 24 days and haven't lost an OUNCE. Granted I do feel better and I have more energy, but geez Louise....AYKM! Just know you're not alone. (((HUGS)))