New to this - - -

Options
I'm new to myfitnesspal - the app was recommended through a weight loss program I've joined to to assist with tracking food calories and physical activity. As far as the exercise part - where does one begin when they've not had/or been participating in strength training? I walk my lab twice daily for about 20-30 minutes. Know I need to strengthen my core, but just don't know where to start. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Anna_Sta
    Anna_Sta Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome!

I would suggest to go on youtube and follow core exercises there. Since you haven't done any strength training before, I'd say start light (meaning very light to no weights at all). To strengthen the core, it's important to exercise your entire body. Whole body workouts ARE the best, since you won't really see much difference if you exercise only one part of your body. Do some research, maybe talk to a personal trainer even? It's important to do strength training properly so you don't end up damaging yourself with weights.
    Much love and support!
  • Sangsterr
    Sangsterr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It can be very difficult for people to know where to start, especially when the internet is full kof studies contradicting each other. It really can seem like a bottomless pit for people just starting out. There are many exercises out there that will benefit you on your journey. Add me on here and send me a message and I'll give you some help and guidance :)