How much/often do YOU workout?

Options
124»

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    6 days on a good week. 5 on a tougher week. i prefer six.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out but I do an hour of cardio (dance) Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays to increase my lung capacity (I'm asthmatic). Monday is an 1hr 30min session of yoga and 30 mins of strength training on Fridays and Sundays. Wednesday is a rest day. I will be upping it as I get fitter, adding weights and what not, but at the moment strength training leaves me with arms like noodles the next day.
  • tooheyz
    tooheyz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your goals and what you're trying to achieve.
    My goal is get strong and put on some muscle. I train (at the gym) 5 days a week - about 45 min weights and 10-15min brisk walk on the treadmill or elliptical.
    One rest day completely, and one day yoga/pilates.
  • donnysoule
    donnysoule Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I exercise a minimum of 6x per week although I try for 7. 3 of those days are lifting and cardio, one is core resistance training and cardio and the rest are slow paced fat burning (walks usually 4mph or so) but for 2-3 hours Works for me but I have the free time to do it
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Typically my schedule is like this:

Monday: Cardio (Insanity, T25, or P90X)
    Tuesday: Heavy Weights (Chest/Tris)
    Wednesday: Cardio (Insanity, T25, or P90X)
    Thursday: Heavy Weights (Back/Bis/Shoulders)
    Friday: Cardio (3-4 mile run)
    Saturday: Heavy Weights (Legs/Abs/Core)
    Sunday: Rest/Stretch/Softball League
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Monday - Chest / back
    Tuesday - Squats / deadlifts
    Wednesday - OFF
    Thursday - Chest / back
    Friday - Squats / deadlifts
    Saturday - OFF
    Sunday - OFF

Granted, on off days, I walk my dogs 3-4 miles.
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love to workout. If I'm at work, I'm at the gym during my lunch. I also aim to go on Saturdays. Most weeks look like this:

Monday: Lifting (5x5- style squat, deadlift, straight-leg deadlift, row, lunges, good mornings, overhead press)
    Tuesday: Lifting (5x5-style bench press, pull-ups, chin-ups, some other random things thrown into the mix)
    Wednesday: Yoga
    Thursday: HIIT
    Friday: Repeat Monday's routine
    Saturday: Yoga

On the weekend, usually both Saturday and Sunday, I take my dogs to the park and do a lot of walking. Your body loves movement.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I generally do strength training M-W-F for about an hour. I generally walk for 1/2 hour 5 days/week and an hour each day on the weekends. Also do abdominal work.