Sarcoidosis

Options
just wanted to see if this was the same calorie counter that I used that I was on before I lost my phone because when I downloaded this app once again it looks like it was renamed myfitnesspal. I would also like to see if there are any buddy on here that have sarcoidosis, because I have it and I'm on prednisone and I've gained weight and about 6 months for more, gaining about 50 to 60 pounds and I would like to have someone to talk to about their nutrition and what they're doing to keep their way down, because I know that prednisone does not allow you to lose weight if at all. it retains water, and that's why you tend to gain a lot of weight. of course you lose it once you taper down, but I've gotten bigger than the last time I had this medication give into me so I was just wondering. Thank you for your responses in advance. I really do appreciate them

Replies

• cbendorf13
    cbendorf13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Interested in following this. Recently diagnosed with sarcoidosis.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I wish that I could bring more to this conversation. My limited knowledge through my training can only share the basics:
    fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, poultry, beans, fish, low fat/fat free dairy, limited sodium and added sugar intake. And, of course, maintain adequate hydration (some people with sarcoidosis are actually instructed to remain in a state of hyperhydration).
    If your doctor has not brought it up, consider asking him/her for a referral to a registered dietitian.
    Best of luck!