military diet

Options
cristinaa201
cristinaa201 Posts: 12 Member
edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Im on the military diet !! Who else? ..... Fyi i been eating healthy for over a month & i just want to try this diet to see if it actually works.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    No more fad diets for me. This so-called "military" diet has been around for decades, has seen name changes. You won't get many takers here.

Lifestyle changes for me.....I want to keep the weight off (this time). Fad diets don't teach me anything about MY eating habits.
  • JustMe2691
    JustMe2691 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    And what happens after the 3 days? Even if you lose weight doing this, it isn't sustainable. Plus, any weight you do lose will only be water weight. Just eat at a calorie deficit, move more, and enjoy your life while being as healthy as you can.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    53063585.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I used to be....does it still look like this?

MRE_contents.jpg

when I was on the military diet, we clocked in around 4,000 - 5,000 calories per day....
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

MRE_contents.jpg

when I was on the military diet, we clocked in around 4,000 - 5,000 calories per day....

MMMM Moist Towelettes ;)
  • JustMe2691
    JustMe2691 Posts: 111 Member
    Options

MRE_contents.jpg

I really miss those crackers and jelly. Of course that was back when they were called c-rats.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

MRE_contents.jpg

MMMM Moist Towelettes ;)

my favorite was the tuna and noodles because it came with a little baby Tabasco.

I once got busted by my platoon Sgt for making cocoa in my fox hole during war games...that was a pleasant experience....and totally not worth it. To this day I detest cocoa....
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Isn't the "Military Diet" a VLCD? Doesn't the TOS ban promoting VLCDs?
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Oh god not again. Not YET ANOTHER military diet thread.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Isn't the "Military Diet" a VLCD? Doesn't the TOS ban promoting VLCDs?
    Yep. And yep. Don't worry, it won't take long for this thread to get nuked.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    When I was in the military, a typical training day would consist of roughly 4-6000 calories minimum. How many times are you going to run the O-course to burn those calories?
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    How many calories in a moist towelette?
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    The military diet that I remember:

427d96108ebedf23eb68cfd8721345c9.jpg
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

MRE_contents.jpg

Did they get Trojan to create the packaging on these MREs?
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It seems very unnecessarily restrictive and dull. I would suggest eating all foods at a slight to moderate calorie deficit, meeting your macro/micro nutrients, exercising a bit if you like. Much more sustainable and enjoyable in my opinion.

Yep...ditto

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I still have MRE's from time to time, my favorite is the beef stew, also love the chili mac with jalapeno cheese, and the lemon poundcake is delicious so long as you have a full Camelbak to wash it down. Break out a case and watch the horse-trading begin, good times.

Rigger
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    My brother let me try the MRE with beans and rice. And it came with a candy bar.

I could totally do that as a diet. Unfortunately, I'm not going on 20 mile runs with 40-lbs field packs, so the weight would just pile on.
  • cristinaa201
    cristinaa201 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    JustMe2691 wrote: »
    And what happens after the 3 days? Even if you lose weight doing this, it isn't sustainable. Plus, any weight you do lose will only be water weight. Just eat at a calorie deficit, move more, and enjoy your life while being as healthy as you can.

I been eating healthy for over a month now, but i came across this diet on YouTube ppl actually say it works. I just want to give it a try & see if its the real deal or not
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    JustMe2691 wrote: »

I been eating healthy for over a month now, but i came across this diet on YouTube ppl actually say it works. I just want to give it a try & see if its the real deal or not

It's not
This discussion has been closed.