Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    53063585.jpg
    Damm i just wanted to know if any of yall had try it before lol
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    JustMe2691 wrote: »
    And what happens after the 3 days? Even if you lose weight doing this, it isn't sustainable. Plus, any weight you do lose will only be water weight. Just eat at a calorie deficit, move more, and enjoy your life while being as healthy as you can.

I been eating healthy for over a month now, but i came across this diet on YouTube ppl actually say it works. I just want to give it a try & see if its the real deal or not

How is the military diet healthy tho? If you're trying to lose weight and keep it off maybe you should look into a lifestyle change.... try CICO.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    And what happens after the 3 days? Even if you lose weight doing this, it isn't sustainable. Plus, any weight you do lose will only be water weight. Just eat at a calorie deficit, move more, and enjoy your life while being as healthy as you can.

I been eating healthy for over a month now, but i came across this diet on YouTube ppl actually say it works. I just want to give it a try & see if its the real deal or not

It's not, It's horse$#!^ and it's a VLCD, which makes it an especially bad idea. Besides, you don't have a lot of weight to lose. Your best course of action is to lift heavy, eat moderately, and do a little cardio if you want, but you should run from this "diet" as fast as you can. But hey, you're going to do what you want to do, if yo-yo's are your thing, then go nuts, embrace failure coated in ignorance, it's your life.

Rigger
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options

That's the thing though. People say it works because the scale goes down. The problem is the scale goes down because of water loss. If you're trying to squeeze into a dress for a special event in two days, the military diet might be effective because it's going to temporarily relieve you of some bloat. If you're trying to lose bodyfat, get healthier, and maintain whatever you lose, this won't do squat.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I still have MRE's from time to time, my favorite is the beef stew, also love the chili mac with jalapeno cheese, and the lemon poundcake is delicious so long as you have a full Camelbak to wash it down. Break out a case and watch the horse-trading begin, good times.

Rigger

I haven't had any for awhile, but pre-kids, my wife and I used to do a lot of backpacking and I'd always bring a couple MREs.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Its take 3,500 calories to lose or gain 1 pound of fat. You would have to be in a 3,500 calorie deficit each day for three days to lose 3 pounds of fat which i seriously doubt you can do. The scale may show more weight loss but it would only be water weight and not true fat loss(getting skinnier). Also if by some miracle you did so much cardio/exercise and ate nothing and were in a 3,500 calorie deficit for 3 days and lost 3 pounds it would hardly even show...
  • RobertDupuy
    RobertDupuy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The diet creates a calorie deficit and works by only lasting 3 days. The passion against it is misplaced. I do not follow the military diet in particular but I vary my caloric intake to great success. Everyone is different. A diet of consuming nearly the same amount of calories each day would not work for me
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Think how great it would be if it lasted only one day !
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm in the military. That is not how we eat and anyone in will tell you it's not a good idea.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    No thanks
  • RobertDupuy
    RobertDupuy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    P.s. I think there is a lot of misunderstanding around here. A diet that has a single low calorie day or period of low calories, is often mislabeled as very low calorie. That's absurd. You have to look at the average for the week.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Isn't the "Military Diet" a VLCD? Doesn't the TOS ban promoting VLCDs?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppers!
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    The diet creates a calorie deficit and works by only lasting 3 days. The passion against it is misplaced. I do not follow the military diet in particular but I vary my caloric intake to great success. Everyone is different. A diet of consuming nearly the same amount of calories each day would not work for me

A diet of consuming the same caloric deficit each day works for everyone. A 3 day caloric deficit works for nobody.
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    P.s. I think there is a lot of misunderstanding around here. A diet that has a single low calorie day or period of low calories, is often mislabeled as very low calorie. That's absurd. You have to look at the average for the week.

That's like intermittent fasting. You eat very very low calorie (or not at all) for a day or two out of the week, and then maintenance the rest of the week. You are just eating at a regular deficit, not extremely low calorie all the time.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I used to be....does it still look like this?

MRE_contents.jpg

when I was on the military diet, we clocked in around 4,000 - 5,000 calories per day....

MMMMMM.....the Beef Stroganoff was fantastic!

Really should have kept the cigs from the C-Rats.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Isn't the "Military Diet" a VLCD? Doesn't the TOS ban promoting VLCDs?
    Yep. And yep. Don't worry, it won't take long for this thread to get nuked.

Yupp. I worked it out one day and I think it came out to 800 calories a day.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    hac125 wrote: »
    How many calories in a moist towelette?

Too many carbs for my taste...

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,

kgeyser
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.