Walked out of the doc's office feeling good!

Options
Nanogg55
Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
Hi all,
I joined MFP in April. I need to lose about 110 lbs and my cholesterol levels have been poor. When last checked in January my total cholesterol was 226 and my LDL was 166. I've lost 37 lbs so far from tracking calories and increasing my exercise. I had a follow up appointment with my doc yesterday and my total cholesterol had dropped to 152 and my LDL down to 88. smiley: It was a great reminder that I'm improving my insides along with the outside.

Replies

• demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Bravo!!
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Nice work! :smiley:
  • tesemarie
    tesemarie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's great!!!! Congrats!!!
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it feel great to impress the doctor??
  • Nanogg55
    Options
    He was very pleased but when we discussed how much weight I want to lose he didn't seem to think I could get back down to my High School weight of 120. I'm 51 and he said my metabolism won't cooperate. He's a cardiologist and not a dietitian so I think I'll ignore that bit of advice from him. Still, it was nice to get a pat on the back for slaying the bad cholesterol.
  • jodybo2
    jodybo2 Posts: 116 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Way to go!!

Edited to add: You can do it if you set your mind to it. Work those muscles if you want a high schooler's metabolism! :smile: I never, ever though I would be 120 again. I hit it on the scales just this morning!
  • Nanogg55
    Options
    Congrats on hitting 120!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    you can get back down to that weight if you want to. it may be hard to do and take time but it is possible. Im only 25lbs from my high school and post baby weight(weighed the same in school and after I had my kids). so just keep up the good work and you will get there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!