Low Calorie Desserts?

Options
Phanessa917
Phanessa917 Posts: 100 Member
Does anyone know a good site to find recipies for low calorie desserts (using splenda, egg subsitute, etc) Desserts are the reason why I gained so much weight.. and I had to give it up so i'd like to find recipies for low calorie desserts that I can enjoy once in a while! Thx everyon!

Replies

• haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    have you tried allrecipes.com?i love that site.you can save things on it as well
  • pdxscarlett
    pdxscarlett Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl is amazing for her low cal desserts
  • kimark1
    kimark1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Blue Bunny Big Fudge Bars. They are about 90 calories and not too bad with the sugar content either. I also like Skinny Cow mint ice cream sandwiches. I think they might be around 150 calories but are delicious. I have also had angel food cake with strawberries and lite Kool Whip.
  • christadoud
    christadoud Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Try skinnytaste.com
  • nbauwens
    nbauwens Posts: 14
    Options
    Also try Kraft - they have a sec tion dedicated ti diabetics... personally I keep lots of the Hunts 5 cal Jello's in the house for when you just NEED sometging and don't want to add any real calories.. Good Luck
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Breyers Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches! Yummmmy! 160 cals
  • teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow ice creams are really good.
    I like Cozy Shack rice pudding, heated, with some cinnamon
    I like yoplait light thick & creamy yogurts and desserts, they are super yummy and around100 cals

Here is a yummy recipe I got from a fellow MFPer
    Molten Lava Cake

1 egg white

1 T cocoa powder

1 scoop of chocolate prot powder

a pinch of baking powder and 1 pack of sweetener (I add a couple drops of liquid stevia), mix it all up, add a little water til its like cake batter. Microwave for 20-30 seconds.
  • jennykling
    jennykling Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    A weight watchers recipe is adding a diet coke only (or probably any diet soda) to a cake mix. Bake it and then put cool whip on top. I am a chocolate lover so I have baked this some. With a chocolate cake mix it comes out between a cake and brownie.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options

LOVE IT. Thanks you for sharing!
  • Phanessa917
    Phanessa917 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thanks everyone! I'll look into all these suggestions and get my dessert fix! :) Yay! You guys are AWESOME!♥
  • ksuhre
    ksuhre Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the So Delicious Ice cream sandwiches...they are only 90 cals per serving. They are made with soy, but honestly after having one I'll never go back to regular ice cream sandwiches. Ah-mazing.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Ps. Right atfer reading this I had a craving for dessert. I made up the sugar free lime jello that has been in my cupboard for ages and went out and bought some light whipped cream.

40 calories later,I was in HEAVEN.
    soo good.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I live for the Skinny Cow ice cream treats - all 100-150 calories - they really hit the spot after dinner, and I'm not tempted to binge on them like I would with other deserts if I kept them in the house.
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the So Delicious Ice cream sandwiches...they are only 90 cals per serving. They are made with soy, but honestly after having one I'll never go back to regular ice cream sandwiches. Ah-mazing.

I will agree! Those things are tasty...especially for only 90 calories.
  • NewDawn31
    NewDawn31 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow is awesome! I love fresh raspberries with fat free whipped cream. Blend the two together, and I am in heaven! You can also make a quick low-cal fat free mousse by mixing sugar free jello pudding(prepared)-I like the single serve cups-, and fat free whipped cream ( I actually prefer cool whip for this, since it holds in its airy-ness better than whipped creams from cans. )
  • jcl1981
    jcl1981 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i like to take 2 sugar free jellos, one strawberry and one orange, mix with 1 cup fresh berries (strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries together are my favorite, and some fat free reddi whip, its under 100 calories and a huge dessert! plus loads of antioxidants and vitamin c from the fruit!
  • lifeinpink09
    lifeinpink09 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    SmartOnes also has a dessert line! I loveeee it!
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow 110 calorie chocolate bars. So good you'll think your cheating! Find them in your grocery store candy isle!!!