Vegetarian, pescatarian, and vegan recipes?

Options
ryanna01
ryanna01 Posts: 67 Member
Hi all! I've recently decided to cut out meat from my diet and I need some yummy food to make. I would love if any of you could share some good meatless recipes. Or if you have some recipes with fish those would be great too. Thanks!! :)

Replies

• beckadavidson735
    beckadavidson735 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to the meatless world :) I don't have any personal recipes that are worth sharing but I love OhSheGlows and her recipes! My absolute favourite is the Ultimate Walnut Lentil Loaf. I definitely recommend it
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to the meatless world :) I don't have any personal recipes that are worth sharing but I love OhSheGlows and her recipes! My absolute favourite is the Ultimate Walnut Lentil Loaf. I definitely recommend it

Second vote for Oh She Glows. The enchilada casserole is so freakin' good. I also tried (and loved) the cauli-power Alfredo and chocolate chia pudding. She has a cookbook out now as well; just got it and I can't wait to make something. It all looks delicious!
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Check out the vegetarian/vegan section of BudgetBytes.com . The best part about her recipes is that they're whole, natural, non-crazy ingredients that you can find anywhere (as opposed to meat/protein substitutes). There's a great section for seafood recipes, too!
  • rowen72
    rowen72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nutritional yeast is a great way to add protein and it tastes cheesy! You can sprinkle it on or in so many things.
  • michellemundi
    michellemundi Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Oh me to, have started to not eat any meats,scary, but am determined. I'm eating a lot of salads, bowls of veg, nuts,seeds, wholemeal rice or pasta. But same, I have no fun ideas for dinners..
  • mirki002
    mirki002 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescetarian too, and I really like it. I grew up with vegetarian parents but always ate meat, until about a year ago when I went pescetarian. One of my favorite things right now is taco salad- for lunch or dinner. I fill a bowl or container with lettuce, and top it (or bring in a separate container for lunch) a weighed serving of sour cream, 1/2-1 serving of shredded cheese, 2 tbsp salsa, some hot sauce, some diced tomato and onion, and 1/2 can of black beans (usually mix in some taco seasoning with that. I also like to add one of those Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie minis. The way I make it its 500 calories and 22 grams of protein and I never get sick of eating it :-)
  • mirki002
    mirki002 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Also I made these vegan cauliflower buffalo wings over the weekend and oh my god were they good. Not the healthiest thing in the world, but worth it.
    http://www.hotforfoodblog.com/recipes/2014/2/11/cauliflower-buffalo-wings
  • dovedavis
    dovedavis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This looks like a place for me to be!! I've been cutting out meat, altho admit I still eat low fat cheeses. Its so difficult to eat on a budget, and still have tasty options.
    Since cutting out the meats, I've lost 13 pounds in 9 weeks!! As opposed to struggling so much in the past 6 months.
    I do eat beans or lentils a lot, with brown rice, with chili seasonings and spices. Sometimes dinner is a bowl of frozen steamed veggies with salsa or Salad greens with oranges and berries, with Lite Balsamic Vinegraitte.
    I have a tight budget, and eat simply.
  • shaesuperstar
    shaesuperstar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just whipped this up last night. Super simple, quick, and cheap. It's soy noodles from Whole Foods. Safeway Select Garlic Basil pasta sauce on sale. My friend gave me some New Zealand spinach, oregano, and Rosemary from his garden which I threw in the dish. Per serving, this dinner cost me $1.00 and is 250 calories. Low carb, high protein, nutrient dense. 10-15 minutes to make.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options