SAHM to 2 young boys trying to lose weight

Options
Hi My name is Racheal and I am a SAHM to two boys - 18 months and 4.5 months. I didn't try to get in shape in between having my boys. At the end of my pregnancy with the second boy - of course I was so tired of being big and pregnant, I decided I was going to be determined to get into shape before having another baby.

I really don't need to lose that much weight, but I have always been thin and have always been able to eat literally whatever I've wanted (This includes working all of high school at McDonald's - please don't hate me ;-). So, this whole counting calories and watching what I eat is going to be a bit challenging for me. I've never weighed as much as I do now.

Thankfully, my husband is a teacher and is home for the summer, so I figured this is a good time to start to be a little more disciplined.

I'd love to meet other SAHMs and am excited about my journey.

Racheal

Replies

• Missy123556
    Missy123556 Posts: 80
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom to a 15 month old girl! I also worked at a restaurant in highschool and pigged out everyday!
  • alianf
    alianf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I work part-time 2 half days a week so I'm home a lot with my 3 girls ages 8, 6 and 2. I've never had a weight problem but after 3 kids and a long winter I've put on a few kgs I'd like to get rid of. I'm a teacher so I get the summer off and hoping to look good! :D I'm going to send you a friend request. :smile:
  • remaho80
    remaho80 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a SAHM too. My sons are 4 (5 in July) and 2 (3 in August). Like you, I've NEVER had to watch what I eat or exercise much - until I had kids. I worked at Arby's and McD's during highschool and ate there all the time and never gained a pound. I was a twig! Welcome to MFP! Good luck on your weight loss journey! I'm sending you a friend request if you don't mind. :smile:
  • denise007
    denise007 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a SAHM at present too - prob back to work at end of summer I have two wee boys 8mths and 28mths - on this path for last 3 months - hard but making progress.
  • marianne_c123
    Options
    SAHMs Unite! Hi, I am also a SAHM with 2 boys. They are 5 and 3 years old. There are definitely weight loss advantages and challenges to being home. I am trying to kick the habit of snacking on my kids leftovers!
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM of 4. Feel free to add me :)
  • MelsDiet
    MelsDiet Posts: 69
    Options
    Im a semi-SAHM (I run my own business from home) I also have 2 boys - 4years and 18 months. Feel free to add me too :smile: