liwaroman Posts: 20 Member
edited June 2015 in Recipes
Garlic Lime Chicken from Vemma Bode app
-Developed by Chris Powell

Ingredients

2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chicken broth, low-sodium
2 teaspoons butter
2 pieces chicken breast halves, boneless skinless (4-6 ounces each)
1 tablespoons lime juice
8 stalks asparagus
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 Pinch paprika
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Pinch cayenne pepper

Preparation

Serves 2 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4-6 oz each) 2 teaspoons butter 2 teaspoons olive oil 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice SEASONING 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper Pinch of cayenne pepper Pinch of paprika 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon onion powder 1/4 teaspoon thyme SIDE DISH 8 stalks asparagus, steamed Mix seasonings together in large zip-top bag. Add chicken breasts to the bag, seal and gently massage around until all chicken is well coated with seasoning. Heat pan over medium heat; add butter and olive oil to pan. Once butter is melted, add chicken and cook on both sides until done. Remove from pan and keep warm by lightly covering with foil. To skillet, add lime juice and broth. Using a whisk, mix liquids to get browned bits off pan bottom and sides. Continue cooking until sauce has slightly thickened. Add chicken back to the pan, coating with the sauce. Serve with a side of asparagus. 

Replies

• liwaroman
    Options
    Check out my diary it's logged in for my dinner tonight.
  • Bunnybuns72
    Bunnybuns72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yum! That sounds amazing and i'm having it for dinner tomorrow. Do i have to use the butter though? I need to lose weight ☺
  • liwaroman
    Options
    Yum! That sounds amazing and i'm having it for dinner tomorrow. Do i have to use the butter though? I need to lose weight ☺

You can use no fat butter