Me too please :)
  • leeyuhsee
    leeyuhsee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sign me up!
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new members. If you have not received an email with the spread sheet and instructions, please let me know.

• manda11598
    manda11598 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So day 2 of this challenge and I am walking through my neighborhood every night burning calories before bedtime!!! So far so good!!
  • Finallyfit1976
    Finallyfit1976 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • farrialm5
    farrialm5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new, but I would love to join the July challenge. I am struggling.
  • ksmart62
    ksmart62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here, but would like to join the challenge if it's not to late!
  • skguselli74
    skguselli74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, count me in please,
  • Haddasah_Sofia
    Haddasah_Sofia Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've posted my info for this first week. I'll check in again next Friday. Y'all have a great week and stay strong through the challenge. Take each day at a time and when temptation is trying to make it's way do what works for you to stay on track. If you give in, don't beat yourself up for it. Just get up, dust yourself off and start over again. We've all taken the first step and that's where it all begins.

Happy Independence Day To All! B)
  • tinajay95
    tinajay95 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • hottie_d
    hottie_d Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want in. Am I too late?
  • Neenah1320
    Neenah1320 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can I still do it!? Would love to join!
  • Haddasah_Sofia
    Haddasah_Sofia Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone :) I just finished checking in on the spreadsheet.

I lost 2.2 lbs, albeit on a different scale. I borrowed my son's Ironman scale that also gives the Body Fat % readings and boy was that a wake up call! I have 36.6% of body fat, mostly around my abdomen. This means I'm carrying around approx. 53 lbs. of fat so I'm now more determined than ever to start building muscle to replace the fat!

It's not so much about the weight anymore as it is about getting fitter, healthier, stronger. With every lb. of fat that I gain, the health risks for all that runs in my family (diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, osteoporosis, etc.) increases.

My big challenge is the evening. I eat a decent meal but when I get up from the table I start thinking of what else to have and in go the peanuts, ham, and whatever I can find. I don't keep many tempting snacks in the house but I'm definitely going to have to buckle down and not give in until whatever is left, is gone, and not eaten my me :D From there forward, not buy any more until I'm in the "everything in moderation" mindset/discipline.

I'm reading the "Abs Diet For Women" and a lot of it makes much sense. Little by little I'm going to start incorporating the suggested food plan which I think seems very doable and healthy. I have an appointment with a wellness counselor/dietitian this Thursday so I'll enlist her help as well on this journey. I'm not 20 anymore and can't do the things I did back then to lose weight. I want to reach my goal of losing the weight, building the muscle and making it a way of life.

Best to all on their journey for this week. Off to my morning walk B)