Any zumba fans ???

Options
I am constantly trying to find a way of exercising that I can stick to. At the moment I do rowing but just tried Zumba and I love it !! Does it get easier with practice though ?? I am trying different stuff on YouTube but some of its hard !!

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I love zumba! And of course it gets easier with practice, but I don't like when it gets easy (that means you're not really working!) so I try to switch up the videos/classes as much as possible. It's a blast, though. Sure makes my workout just fly by.
  • crochetqueen130
    crochetqueen130 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm loving it so much I just ordered box set with dumbbells !
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I just started Zumba. It's fun! I've been going once a week for the last few weeks and I find it great for breaking up some of the seriousness of heavy lifting, HIIT and Boot Camp. It does get easier with practice to follow the moves, but there are also ways to challenge yourself when you start finding it too easy or to get a better burn.
  • crochetqueen130
    Options
    :D
  • crochetqueen130
    Options
    Oh dear that was meant to be a smiley face ! I don't have my glasses on ladies !
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Not really a fan. I've done African Zumba and Water Zumba too.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I've tried it before but just couldn't get into it. I think I'm more of a HIIT workout person which is something that Zumba is not.
  • HollieWould1
    HollieWould1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do it. I still look like an idiot but I just keep moving. I have no rhythm and I love the way my zumba pants look.
  • snookey16
    snookey16 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love zumba, i try to do it at least once a week at the local curves gym.
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I have started to do zumba at home using videos on youtube. I like how it is fun and even if you can't keep up with the moves as long as you keep on move you will have fun.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I love zumba! I wear my HRM to my class and typically burn about 500 calories, so that's not too bad!

I struggled with it hardcore when I first started... Everybody in my class knew the routines already, and I was doing them all over the place.. but after about 2-3 classes I caught up. Sadly, my favorite instructor only does it once a week, but I'll gladly substitute running for zumba on Tuesdays. :D