What version of Fitbit do you use?

Options
I am wondering if it would be worth it to get a Fitbit. What version do you have? What do you like about it?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm using the Fitbit Surge.
    I have also used a Flex and a Zip. My husband has the One.

I really love my Fitbit. That said, I think you need to decide which one fits your lifestyle best. The things I like about the Surge:
    • Different exercise modes. (Weights, Free Run, Treadmill Run, Lap Run, Elliptical, Spinning, etc..)
    • Has a watch buckle instead of the little press thing that the Flex and Charge have
    • Has a built in HRM.
    • Has GPS.

I didn't mind the Flex. In fact it wasn't bad at all when it worked. I just had the horrible luck of getting 2 defective Flex's. First one would randomly stop tracking steps (which Fitbit replaced for me). Second one killed my chargers. I had 2 Flex chargers. The first one, which I had been using with the first Flex I owned, stopped working a month or so after I got the second Flex. The second charger, which was brand new (came with the replacement from Fitbit) stopped working after about a month or so of use. I was having really bad luck.

I also owned a Zip. It was my first Fitbit product. Such a cute little thing. I was saving for the One when my husband surprised me with the Zip. It's been through the wash and it still works. It runs on watch batteries. I actually gave my zip to my mom when she upgraded to the One. It has the cute little smiley that will grin at you when your active and stick it's tongue out when your not.

Fitbit's however aren't for everyone. I mean well everyone can buy them, but not everyone will find them useful. That is something you will have to figure out for yourself.
  • bcruz313
    bcruz313 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I currently have a charge HR, but used to have a Flex. I loved the Flex. However, I also wore a Polar for HR when I worked out so when the Charge HR came out it made more sense. My husband has the Surge which also has a GPS and shows text messages. The CHR only shows you who's calling. I got the CHR because I rarely walk/run outside anymore and if I do I just use my Runkeeper app. I liked the slim design of the Flex so I wanted to keep with that rather than get a bulky watch type. The CHR is slightly thicker and took some time to get used to but it never really bothered me.
  • cjgsmg
    cjgsmg Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It totally depends on what you would like a fitbit for.

I have a fitbit One and it's actually my second fitbit. I bought my first one a few years ago before they were popular and before the fitbit and the case were separate. When the case cracked it was ruined. I have to dress up everyday and prefer to have my fitbit hidden so I decided on the One. It does everything I need it to do. I just want it to accurately count steps and I do use the alarm to wake up so I don't wake my husband.

Because I work in an office, I use it as a gauge of how active I've been during the day. Really, that's it for me and it is eye opening sometimes. I could care less about the distance and the miles it says I've gone during the day. At one time I tried to get it close, but stride is so different for different activities. When I run outside I use my garmin watch because I want it to be exact.

I have loved my Fitbit enough that I've worn one almost everyday for 3 years.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! :)

I don't care about an HRM. But, I would like it to see how active I am at work, in addition to when I work out. I wonder what the best one would be if I wanted it to be able to log how many miles I ran outside.
  • breeze_brat
    breeze_brat Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have a zip and it does what I need it for
  • 0torque0
    0torque0 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I used to have the flex but honestly, the price is high just to keep track of steps - but it is a great motivation to get started and tracking food and exercise which is the important part.